Electric Picnic 2008 (2 Viewers)

I saw them at Benicassim this year, where they had the full line up. ammina, brass section etc. They were also on the outdoor mainstage there which was a bit disappointing. I enjoyed it but it wasn't a patch on the Olympia gig, for eg.

Sigur Ros are no longer touring with Anima or the brass band.

who all is good to see? i mean there are some good bands, but there's loads of crap as well. what's everyone's choices so far.
i'd like to see large mound and oppenheimer but they're clashing otherwise:
conor oberst
the breeders
giveamanakick
jape
dan deacon
santogold
stephen malkamus
sinead o'connor
sex pistols
and that's about it. anyone got any recommendations? and what's thumped doing on the lineup. what's the story with that? pete?

juana molina, wilco, george clinton, spook, roots, kila, tindersticks and a certain best bloody band bloody ever! And probably a couple more I've forgotten about. Also should definately check out Mark O'Halloran's reading and probably do quite a bit more non-musicky shit than normal.

met.ie

Thursday and Friday will remain warm and humid, with most areas seeing a lot of dry bright weather and sunny spells developing from time to time. Temperatures will reach the low twenties across many eastern and southern regions in particular, and winds will be just light to moderate westerly.

:)

anybody have a timetable for Bodytonic and all the smaller stages, Body & Soul, Lost Vagueness etc etc?

I'm putting together a spreadsheet with the stages all running along a timeline so clashes can be spotted at a glance.

anybody have a timetable for Bodytonic and all the smaller stages, Body & Soul, Lost Vagueness etc etc?

I'm putting together a spreadsheet with the stages all running along a timeline so clashes can be spotted at a glance.

Body And Soul

Friday
12.00pm - 1.00pm DJ
1.00pm - 1.30pm Alphastates
2.00pm - 2.40pm Ultan Conlan
3.00pm - 4.00pm The Hideous Penguin and The Deviant
4.00pm - 4.30pm Johnny Hoban (Trad)
5.00pm - 5.45pm Autamata
6.15pm - 7.00pm One Day International
7.30pm - 8.10pm Dark Room Notes
8.40pm - 9.20pm Rollers / Sparkers
9.50pm- 10.40pm N.S.E (live)
10.40pm- 12.10am Pathaan
12.10am-1.30am Helios Jive (live)
1.30am- 2.40am Special Guest
2.40am- 3.40am Mauxaum Live

Saturday
10.00am - 11.00am Small Hours
11.00am - 12.00pm R.S.A.G
12.00pm Windings
1.00pm Vyvienne Long
2.00pm Somadrone
3.00pm Leonard Barry & Friends
4.00pm Ronan O Snodaigh
5.00pm James Yorkston
6.00pm 3epkano
7.15pm Jesse Evans
8.15pm Matt Elliot
9.30pm Milosh
10.30pm Donal Dineen live
(including special guests David Kitt and more)

Sunday
10.00am - 11.00am Angelic overtones (ie good morning!)
11.00am - 11.30am Mary Coughlan
11.50am - 12.20pm Armoured Bear
12.50pm - 1.40pm Ashtech
2.00pm - 2.30pm Vinny Kilduff & Steve Cooney
2.30pm - 3.00pm Awe, art & Science - an inspring, life changing talk by Eric Lohelo
3.00pm - 3.45pm Surprise Guest!
4.10pm - 4.50pm Laura Marling
5.10pm - 5.50pm Yoav
6.20pm - 7.00pm Fink
7.30pm - 8.15pm Balanesc Quartet
9.00pm - 9.45pm Surprise Guest!
9.45pm - 10.45pm Nitin Sawney (DJ)
10.45pm - 11.45pm Martina Topley Bird
11.45pm - 12.45am Giani (DJ)
1.00am - 2.30am Surprise Guests!
2.30 - 4.00am Surprise Guests!

Any chance you could send that onto me? Can e-mails still be sent through the board?

update met.ie

Saturday might not be too bad.

Thursday will be a largely dry, warm day, with some good spells of sunshine at times. Temperatures will climb to the high teens, possibly the low twenties further inland, with light to moderate westerly winds. It will be a similar day on Friday, with temperatures again in the high teens and the low twenties. The warmer weather will be in the east of the country. Winds will be light to moderate and will back to a more southerly direction. Saturday will see temperatures falling back a degree or two, it will still be mild, with light to moderate south to southwest winds. It will be a mostly dry day, however, some rain will develop along western coastal areas during the evening.

Any chance you could send that onto me? Can e-mails still be sent through the board?

Yeah I'll be passing it around in time. Still needs plenty of formatting to try get each day to display right on the one A4 sheet though.

Also still want to add.

The Asylum
Bodytonic (whatever's in the dance village)
Leviathan
Comedy Tent
World Music Stage? (if I haven't just made that up)
Cinema

and anything else I can get my hands on.

I guess I could email it as it is right now. Looks like I've a job handing out crap for a few hours so would be nice if I could distrubute a couple hundred unofficial timetables while I'm at it.

Unicron cheers for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.