Electric Picnic 2007 thread (1 Viewer)

TO BE HONEST, THE GUY IN THE SILVER KACKS HAD VERY POOR CALF MUSCELS. I THINK IF HE HAD OF MAYBE GONE FOR A LEG-WARMER, SCARVES AND TASSLE TYPE APPROACH FROM THE KNEE DOWN...MOST OF THIS DISCUSSION WOULD BE MOOT.

ALSO.... WHAT ABOUT ALL THE GIANT BIRDS WHO WORE KACKS LIKE HIS? IS IT JUST AN AESTHETIC PROBLEM? OR WHAT'S WRONG WITH ATTRACTIN' A BIT OF ATTENTION?..... WHERE'S BROKEN ARM??

ALLAHQUAANNNNDO!!!!!

I'm finally home from what was easily one of the mentalist

Bad vibes include a friend having her tent cut open with a knife and her stuff being robbed and me getting started on by some knacker for no reason. I haven't come across anything like that at EP before.

Still the good vibes more than made up for it and security never checked my bag(s) all weekend.

whoever it was went and sat down at the back of the tent for the rest of it. It was nice of him to offer though.

Defo wasn't me so.

if the group of bitches who gathered together and sang mary black's 'katie' outside my tent for an hour solid on saturday are posting here, i hope you all die by getting your voiceboxes removed by a woodpecker. on acid.

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrfgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Were they the same ones who were singing(I use the term very loosely) ride on really badly? If so I know where I can get a woodpecker and some acid and I'd be glad to help.

getting started on by some knacker for no reason.

Sorry about that.

A twat in the tent behind us had a "party piece" which involved him trying to do a vocoder effect while singing the lines "around the world, around the world" ad nauseum. I think he overheard us slagging him off and that was it- he didn't stop doing it all weekend. Wanker.

oh by the way Loreana Rushe, DJing in Doran's tonight from 11.30. She's promising a bag load of EP themed tunes for nostalgia's sake. It could be like one of those Gaeltacht reuinions where you meet a big pile of people you shifted in Colaiste Lurgan outside McDonalds on O'Connell street.

zee were you on the yellow campsite by any chance?we had mr vocoder and mr airhorn in our vicinity too!!

Yes!

When we were leaving on Sunday night a v. drunken guy with a freshly broken hand asked us to help him open his tent so that he could go in and kip - his tent was one of those ones which had essentially blown away and was just a crumpled up soggy mess. I nearly cried. Fortunately we had a friend who'd left his tent behind as he couldn't be bothered packing it up, etc. so we donated it to the poor bloke along with some Nurofen Plus. I hope he was ok.

Where in Galway do you live RSJ? Culshie-ness is rubbing off on you, you'd want to watch out, you'll be shouting abuse at longhairs next
I'm from cork county dude, me veins are awash with culchie blood. As for shouting at longhairs - i used to have no problem with hippies until i moved to galway - it's like a sixty thousand strong drum circle with fire jugglers in the middle - three weeks and i'm gone for good, burn the fuckin place down i say.

good weekend.
ate a terrible falofel in the rain. met various thumped people.
meeting Cephlapod, Ciansy, Nate Champion, Avernus and Squiggle, Ronan, Bats-lads moose, cookiemonster and the other thumped user who's username i forget (you with the big red hat!) and Squiggles mate too. also, got accosted by LaLa at random. i think you thought you knew me then realized that i was from internet and mumbled something about hotchip and ran off again. i actually cant really remember though! wasnt sober (well, more than you anyway!)
thought i lost the end of my biff in Moose's tent but he surprised me with it before skream. such a great feeling.

highlights:
crap your hands say yeah.
sonic youth (great sound from where we were),
skream (terrible sound but just so much bass i didnt care, also, my mate workin there told us that the engineer for the tent hates anything dancey and had the volume really low and finished early),
modest mound (terrible sound, great show though),
Deerhoof rocked,
various bits and pieces.
some of halfset too. sweet.
finding a lost friend who was in tears, ready to leave.
not having to drive

lowlights:
poor sound all round mostly
rain.
the ladyfriend getting her big toenail kicked off by accident on the monday mornin.
having fuck all food. feeling like death on saturday.
missing so many acts i promised myself id see.
some dickhead at the sound desk for modest mouse.

was pretty good like.

Does he post on thumped? Didn't realise that at all.
i believe so. met him before at the drum-recording workshop.
my eyeballs still hurt.
too much sleep perhaps.

so, when are tickets on sale for next year? i met about 20 people i knew who got in no problem whatsoever. just brought a pliers with them. bastards!

Some slideshows on me Flickr

1322132481_68a6d11ac2.jpg

The Magic Numbers

1322204279_fadd1687ed.jpg

The Polyphonic Spree

1322367461_48926f71aa.jpg

Some noisy bastard in the Bodytonic Tent

1322512803_c71546f960.jpg

Fujiya & Miyagi

i believe so. met him before at the drum-recording workshop.
my eyeballs still hurt.
too much sleep perhaps.

so, when are tickets on sale for next year? i met about 20 people i knew who got in no problem whatsoever. just brought a pliers with them. bastards!

Nate Champion just walked in past security every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back