Electric Picnic 2007 thread (3 Viewers)

who said that?

the beastie boys also went for the hello 'dublin' thing..bless them..someone should give the bands a map..

Highlight of Festival:
Mike D saying during B-Boys Set, "so this is Electric Picnic, yeah? Well now it's the muthafuckin Mike D Picnic! (huge cheer, Mike D struts to front of stage, points at some hapless security guy, says-) So put that in your muthfucking Record Book yo"
Rest of Beastie's crack up laughing
Fantastic!
And Sonic Youth

Highlight of Festival:
Mike D saying during B-Boys Set, "so this is Electric Picnic, yeah? Well now it's the muthafuckin Mike D Picnic! (huge cheer, Mike D struts to front of stage, points at some hapless security guy, says-) So put that in your muthfucking Record Book yo"
Rest of Beastie's crack up laughing
Fantastic!
And Sonic Youth
other beasties highlight: mike d's hair.
saw you side stage at beasties steve. what did ya think of their massive security dudes?! STAY BEHIND THE MUTHAFUCKIN LINE

the man with the loudhailer outside the main entrance is my new hero

"TAXI! TAXI! YOU CAN'T STOP THERE! TAXI!"

to a taxi parked 5 feet away from him

the guy running the spoken word tent is my e.p. idol..we went yesterday and there were some dudes talking about tara..so someone makes a comment and the guy whose running the show just dives in and rhymes off a poem that lasted about 20 minutes..everyword ended in 'land'..we had to leave before my laughter got us into trouble..i also took a picture of the security guard in that tent sitting at the back..asleep..bless him..

the beastie boys also went for the hello 'dublin' thing..bless them..someone should give the bands a map..

!!! man
(who rubs me up de right way!)

said: We're going to say "hello dublin" because we haven't a fuckin clue where we are and there's probably no one here from there anyway

Jaysus the Field were well nice too

http://www.myspace.com/thefieldsthlm

kp

I had this exact conversation with some mucksavage on Sat night on a bench in the body and soul place.

"excuse me I wonder if I could ask a favour, my phone is fucked and I'm trying to meet someone, any chance I could stick my sim in your phone and make a quick call?"
"you want to put your sim in my phone?"
"yes, if you don't mind"
"I'm as sharp as a tack I'am - you'd want to get up eary to scam me so you would"
"that's a no so?"
"I'm fucking sharp I am - how long did you see me sitting here before you asked me?"
"What?"
"See I'm fucking sharp I am - theres no way your as sharp as I am"
"well if your half as sharp as you think you are you'll have noticed me pricking around with my phone trying to make it work"
"I'm sharp as a tack I am - where are you from"
"Limerick"
"Ohh Limerick eh - well if you really are from Limerick tell me this who are they playing this Sunday"
"Jesus are you giving me the fucking thing or not"
"I'm fucking sharp I am - you won't put one over on me boy"

some knackbag came up to us last night and asked us where the nokia place was..then he said something about charging his phone..so the boy directed him towards the nokia lab place and i directed him towards the aul lad who was charging to charge yr phone..he wandered off more confused than when he had asked us..bless him..

I text message i got on Friday from some random number. I'd like to point out that my name is not Colm and I didn't go to Electric Picnic:

"Hey colm, you goin to
electriC picnic? Any chance
you can get greem?
Hope you well"

Any guesses what greem is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back