Electric Picnic 2007 thread (1 Viewer)

It's like you read my mind, although I put booze in rucksack and carried my tent and sleep bag as they're lighter. :)
I did this going into a festival once cos we had bottles and they had a no glass rule. Bad idea. Crate/s of booze are very heavy for carrying on your back, i could barely move for days aferwards (though that might have more to do with large amounts of stagediving into crowds of people not looking during sick of it all/comeback kid :eek:)

Ah its never that bad lads. Get there early with a few mates and haul everything in. Its hardly like going trekking in the mountains. My favourite bit of these things are the start when the air is filled with expectation and ur getting all the gear set up...

That magic moment in the middle of the day when you've got your tent up, you're a few hours away from the music beginning and there's nothing to do and someone says "You want a can?"

I plan to ruin the good vibes in whatever campsite i'm in by blaring Lady in Red as many times as possible

It was the cans in my rucksack that made me wanna curl up and die, the weight was so bad.

Anyone bringing a stereo? I brought a chaep ghettoblaster last time and the laser in the CD player died after an hour. All the batteries in the world couldn't save it.

I don't tend to bring cans so that probably helped. Or maybe you guys are soft. :cool:

No problem.. One will crop up..

I'm having one more check around with friends and if nobody is interested you can have my spare ticket. Will let you know by tomorrow evening.

re Kopparberg cans - if you can face bringing your own or want to save money you can get 5 for a tenner in any booze2go. off licence at the bottom of talbot st. was one of the few places in town that had the cans last year.

That magic moment in the middle of the day when you've got your tent up, you're a few hours away from the music beginning and there's nothing to do and someone says "You want a can?"

u knows it! You going? There's a good crew of us heading..gonna be the usual rollercoaster, giddy highs and crushing lows...

Does anyone know what the story is with the buses that go from the Customs House? What is the waiting time likely to be on Friday afternoon, is there much fighting and jostling to get on? Are you guaranteed a seat (don't fancy standing the whole way)? Is there a better way to get down there?

Grrrr. It's at times like this that I wish I still had a car.

Does anyone know what the story is with the buses that go from the Customs House? What is the waiting time likely to be on Friday afternoon, is there much fighting and jostling to get on? Are you guaranteed a seat (don't fancy standing the whole way)? Is there a better way to get down there?

Grrrr. It's at times like this that I wish I still had a car.

i might have room in my car in which case you are welcome to join, but will have to see when i return, quite a few of us going.

There shouldn't be much waiting.. they're sort of 'on demand' and everybody gets a seat.. once one fills up, they open the next one.

Last year, they sold out in advance (yes, the bus sold out!) which left some people stranded in town. So do buy early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back