election (2 Viewers)

Actually... if Bush wins, do people fancy gathering outside the American embassy with banners saying:

"If you cowboys could read, you'd see it says You Are Stupid!"

As Hag said, feel sorry for all those Americans who hate Bush.
But Kerry could still win. If only Bush was Mayo.

lonetexan.jpg

It would appear that the Democrats are going to push Ohio to the wire, relying on the late ballots and overseas votes. Apparently there's a 10 day allowance for this so it could be a while before it's decided. Jaysus....

JohnnyRaz said:
Its only a matter of time before the draft gets reintroduced and extended to ireland.
Eh, what?

according to Drudge Report..

Before voting even began in Philadelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout the city... One incident occurred at the SALVATION ARMY, 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa: Ward 37, division 8... pollwatchers uncovered 4 machines with planted votes; one with over 200 and one with nearly 500... A second location, 1901

http://drudgereport.com/

Right, I figure that if Bush gets back in (I'm still holding on to hope, for my sanity's sake), we just start the pre-Armageddon party now. Everyone has to dress like something from the Book of Revelations, or something similarly apocalyptic, like the 9/11 Commission Report.

Dibs on the rain of frogs costume.

As you can see, 'hope' is losing the battle.

Wheels said:
according to Drudge Report..

Before voting even began in Philadelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout the city... One incident occurred at the SALVATION ARMY, 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa: Ward 37, division 8... pollwatchers uncovered 4 machines with planted votes; one with over 200 and one with nearly 500... A second location, 1901

http://drudgereport.com/

people should take the drudge report with a pinch of salt. or maybe a bucket.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/003908.php

Em..

Sorry for labouring this point and being a racist...

But in China this would be a Presidential Erection

Don't forget, by the way, that if Bush is re-elected, he will have the opportunity to appoint up to three new Supreme Court Justices over the next couple of years. The Court is also more conservative than it was four years ago, and if the election is contested, we're all fucked. Not to mention the fact that these right-wing ideologues have the power to overturn just about every piece of federal legislation that might possibly have social benefit. Bye, bye, woman's right to choose! Bye, bye, hope for gay marriages! Bye, bye, affirmative action!

RTE Radio right now, 'George Bush is convinced he has won another term in the White House.'

But then again, Bush is also convinced that the world was made in 7 days in 4004 BC, and that Jesus talks to him in Texan English.

Sigh.

So, when it came down to it, when faced with a choice that would potentially impact the whole world, more than half of voters went with the guy who gave them three hundred bucks back from their taxes three years ago. And who is a 'family man'. Stalin was also a family man.

Personally I'm happy that Bush has won, as I'm closer to his stand on what americans might call "moral issues". At midnight last night, I actually thought Kerry was going to win, but there was obviously a swell for Bush which wasn't picked up the pre-election or exit polls.

Despite being a Bushie, I do feel genuinely sorry for Kerry - particularly after putting such hard work in to come through the primaries and a general election campaign that would have killed a lesser man or woman, to believe he was on the cusp of victory only to have it snatched away from him.

The Election itself throws up many interesting questions - where did the new voters come from? Was it a case of new Democrat registrations being cancelled out by existing Democrats switching for Bush? And how did the polls fail?

ElderLemon said:
Personally I'm happy that Bush has won, as I'm closer to his stand on what americans might call "moral issues".
So, it's more important for a leader to share your stance on god and the bible and women's rights than it is to have a bouyant economy and some semblance of peace in the world?

That's really kinda scary.

Oh, and I doubt Kerry needs your patronising sympathies. Thanks anyway, though. I thank you. The homeless thank you. The women who will lose their wombs and/or lives to back-alley abortions thank you. That Iraqi kid over there, the one...no, not that one, the one with no legs....see him? He says, 'THANK YOU, AMERICA, FOR FREEING ME OF THE TYRANNY OF MY OWN ANATOMY!' Or, well, he would, if he weren't rendered mute from shock.

I don't get it though,... you got some jew hatin, commie hatin, fag hatin, nigra hatin hick that votes for bush but its because bush will always support the israelis that they got their war on terrorism. So they're fightin the ayrabs to defend the Israelis (and the oil) yet kerry's the jew lovin so an so, the ignorance astounds me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back