D'you like dags? (1 Viewer)

Stella (10 yrs old) has got to the point where she can't stand the day after an off-lead run, which she loves. Arthritis. She got a cortisone injection there other day, seems much better.

Stella (10 yrs old) has got to the point where she can't stand the day after an off-lead run, which she loves. Arthritis. She got a cortisone injection there other day, seems much better.

Edgar (11) doesn't do off lead but he loves the 5km we do every day, however as time has gone on he tends to spend more and more of the day in his bed. Conserving his energy for the effort of the walk.

Awww!!!!!
Our pup is 11 months old now and is a great girl, altogether. The two things we haven't been able to train properly have been loose leash training (every walk our shoulders were destroyed from the pulling), and recall.
Did the DSPCA training and it was ok, but this week we got a private session from a dog trainer, and it turned out to be Emmaline Duffy, the ex drummer out of Engine Alley. She was absolutely amazing, taught us how to use a new lead/harness thing and immediately every walk has been a joy. Highly recommended if you need dog training help!

Awww!!!!!
Our pup is 11 months old now and is a great girl, altogether. The two things we haven't been able to train properly have been loose leash training (every walk our shoulders were destroyed from the pulling), and recall.
Did the DSPCA training and it was ok, but this week we got a private session from a dog trainer, and it turned out to be Emmaline Duffy, the ex drummer out of Engine Alley. She was absolutely amazing, taught us how to use a new lead/harness thing and immediately every walk has been a joy. Highly recommended if you need dog training help!
Also, hello!

Attachments

• 6D38C2B1-9DA8-4E17-A726-94060308EF29.jpeg
    6D38C2B1-9DA8-4E17-A726-94060308EF29.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
Awww!!!!!
where is she based? I have a mother who has a dog who might be interested

My lad is 9 months old, and a total headcase but also a great laugh and I absolutely love him. He 's not too fussed with people but fucking loves dogs - a man after my own heart.

He's getting his balls chopped off next week. RIP Oisin's balls.

Our lack of proper training is (not) paying off now.
They scrounge food ALL THE TIME.

Stella wants to be around anyone who enters the house. Eg: she cried at the back door and barked continuously for hours yesterday while my son had a friend over.
Just let her in! you say. Then she'll scratch and cry at the internal doors constantly. Let he into the actual room and she WILL NOT rest until she is right up in the visitors face getting petted ALL THE TIME. Sounds cute. It isn't.
The other one is getting bolder and more demanding since she has become the only one to get walked. She doesn't bark much but if she hasn't been fed by 5 o clock on the dot she barks every 10 seconds until it happens. Not great if you're WFH late.

They could be fast asleep and a crumb of bread hits the floor and it's mayhem.

Ah, they're grand really, just bothering me ATM.

Puppy howling and crying through the night in her crate. Should you just let them go at it? Let her out a couple of times and she was mad for crack and did about 10 shits.

Puppy howling and crying through the night in her crate. Should you just let them go at it? Let her out a couple of times and she was mad for crack and did about 10 shits.
well, if she needed the loo, then she needed it. dogs don't really get waiting for poopin'.
I guess make sure you aren't feeding her too late, we take away water at 6PM etc.
And you probably already know the crate tips like making it a place she wants to go and hang out, treats in it during the day etc.

Another great tip I got from my pal Emmaline is to mix some of the gravy from wetfood in with their water, just entices them to drink it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back