Dublin Racist Riots (1 Viewer)

If i had a twitter account (that isn't the work one i monitor) today I'd probably be just posting that 'go sleep' clip on everything that fella says.

Also i'd be recommending that nobody engages with any people using the argument chaos/emotional space to push thier agendas. The far right playbook also know what the overton window is and arent allowed in unless they use spaces like this to open it for themselves.

Just had someone say in work that a few classes have lower attendance than usual. Nothing dramatic,but still. All non national kids. And staff were wondering was it as a result of yesterday.

Also heard of a few schools where staff didn't show up in the city centre.

There was nothing to back it up,but interesting conversation

It's all so sad and shocking ... I happened to be in town last night...I had no sense that this was a possibility...by the time I left the cinema (we were held in for a little as the gardai were there, and had blocked off Dame Street, Eustace Street...)... it was like a scene from 28 Days Later, a burnt out car, smashed glass everywhere, there were piles of burning rubbish all the way along Dame Street on the way to Thomas Street... the guards were in shock - one of the waiters helped me disentangle my bicycle (which survived, improbably) from the other bicycles that had just been mangled and set upon, and ripped apart, and he was saying what had just happened an hour or so before - what he had seen - he was in shock at the levels of mindless aggression - all the restaurants and pubs shuttered early, understandably - I have never seen anything like it in Dublin...all I feel is sadness. But I know we are better than this.

Last edited:
Just had someone say in work that a few classes have lower attendance than usual. Nothing dramatic,but still. All non national kids. And staff were wondering was it as a result of yesterday.

Also heard of a few schools where staff didn't show up in the city centre.

There was nothing to back it up,but interesting conversation
Wife's boss is Asian. Texted to say that she isn't leaving the house today.

It's all so sad and shocking ... I happened to be in town last night...I had no sense that this was a possibility...by the time I left the cinema (we were held in for a little as the gardai were there, and had blocked off Dame Street, Eustace Street...)... it was like a scene from 28 Days Later, a burnt out car, smashed glass everywhere, there were piles of burning rubbish all the way along Dame Street on the way to Thomas Street... the guards were in shock - one of the waiters helped me disentangle my bicycle (which survived, improbably) from the other bicycles that had just been mangled and set upon, and ripped apart, and he was saying what had just happened an hour or so before - what he had seen - he was in shock at the levels of mindless aggression - all the restaurants and pubs shuttered early, understandably - I have never seen anything like it in Dublin...all I feel is sadness. But I know we are better than this.

Do you mean just last night or in general.

I feel like something like this was inevitable. Thing have been progressively getting shitter in Dublin the last few years, exacerbated by Covid lockdowns.
Dickheads have ben waiting for any opportunity to wreck the place.
We've known Dublin has become more unsafe lately and they didn't address it. In fact yer wan McEntee said it was safe, as she was flanked by gardaí - they ignored it / changed very little just to say they did something. Pressure had to give somehow eventually

Family group text from my Fraud Squad Gard cousin.
Didn't have to go in, but came home from his shift, got his riot gear out of the attic - where it has been since he was trained years ago - and headed into town. Photo of him from O'Connell St and him telling us he'd rather go in than watch scumbags wreck the place.
We're all proud of him.

Then his wife pipes in saying that if he's near a Foot Locker, the girls want New Balance for Xmas.
I love her.

In fact yer wan McEntee said it was safe, as she was flanked by gardaí - they ignored it / changed very little just to say they did something. Pressure had to give somehow eventually
I'm a little shocked people haven't been calling for her head today.

maybe they're biding their time.

I'd at least be expecting the gards to be demanding a bit reaction from the govt in terms of funding, or they'll be striking. If not now, then when?

We spent the day in the RDS yesterday and left there at 4.30pm.
Terrible traffic into town. So bad that we parked up the car and went for food until around 6.30pm on Dame Street. Saw stuff on my phone while in the restaurant that Phibsboro was a no-go zone (phibsboro??). Anyway, we were home by 8pm. Didn't see a thing.

Hopefully setting fire to a LUAS makes it clear to everyone that we're not a pro stabbing children country.

Being anti stabbing children is a brave and controversial stance to take, but at least someone has the nerve to stand up and send a clear message. Hopefully all the pro stabbing children people will have their minds changed on the issue, otherwise this will all have been in vain.

I'm a little shocked people haven't been calling for her head today.

maybe they're biding their time.

I'd at least be expecting the gards to be demanding a bit reaction from the govt in terms of funding, or they'll be striking. If not now, then when?

This riot is a result of a shit government and shit decisions.
Dickheads out protesting immigrants are too thick to actually focus their anger on the cunts in charge. McEntee should go but sure what useless clown will replace her? Will make no real difference at all. Lip service probably. They all need to go. Elections please

Do you mean just last night or in general.

I feel like something like this was inevitable. Thing have been progressively getting shitter in Dublin the last few years, exacerbated by Covid lockdowns.
Dickheads have ben waiting for any opportunity to wreck the place.
We've known Dublin has become more unsafe lately and they didn't address it. In fact yer wan McEntee said it was safe, as she was flanked by gardaí - they ignored it / changed very little just to say they did something. Pressure had to give somehow eventually
I know what you mean, I have also noticed a little bit of a difference in town when we were in the midst of Covid and Lockdown, and post-it ...a kind of edgy feeling sometimes - but naively perhaps I didn't think something like last night would happen, I thought it was more that there were pockets of antisocial behaviour (and so many reasons for this), but I didn't expect it to escalate like that, and with that amount of people. I still love Dublin (improbably, perhaps), and mainly still feel fairly safe... but last night I definitely didn't - I don't want to give into that feeling either, and hope it's a temporary feeling.

Hopefully setting fire to a LUAS makes it clear to everyone that we're not a pro stabbing children country.

Being anti stabbing children is a brave and controversial stance to take, but at least someone has the nerve to stand up and send a clear message. Hopefully all the pro stabbing children people will have their minds changed on the issue, otherwise this will all have been in vain.
yeah, I was on the fence until yesterday. Those patriots battering down the shutters outside Arnotts is whatr finally changed my mind.

These lads don't care and they're not scared of the Gards.
There's been no attempt to make Dublin safer because there's no solution.
The prisons are full, the courts let most everyone slide, the Gards on the street don't care enough.

Everyone's angry now, but it will settle down again, til the next time some poor unfortunate gets battered or slashed or murdered on Abbey St or Marlborough St

This isn't a situation that is going to be remedied, it's something we, and our institutions, have decided to live with.

They'll announce new Gard recruitment, or taking Gards from behind desks and onto the beat etc etc like they always do.
But this is who we are.

I think we should round up all the people that are bad, and make them pay.

And I think we should get all the people that aren't bad, and get them to take care of all of the things.

This isn't rocket science guys. If we'd only had the idea of stopping all the bad people from doing bad things earlier, none of this would have happened.

I think one solution would be if I (a notable not bad person) took on the sole responsibility for fixing everything in Irish society. Obviously I won't be able to fix everything overnight, so I'd have to be in charge of everything, indefinitely. Or at least up until the point where I've fixed everything.

I'm just gonna warn you all up front though, I do have a bit of a temper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back