Dublin Bus aint running (1 Viewer)

i think unless you have snow chains on, you're not breaking up the ice, just compacting it. certainly around the here the roads get more dangerous by the hour as cars keep driving on them

i think unless you have snow chains on, you're not breaking up the ice, just compacting it. certainly around the here the roads get more dangerous by the hour as cars keep driving on them
was talking to someone from alberta the other day, and she reckoned that ireland suffers because the temperature doesn't drop enough below freezing - it's just cold enough that the majority of the ice stays, but leaves a slick wet layer on top.
she found the ice slippier here than back home.

Surely if you're breaking up the ice it's just going to melt and refreeze relatively quickly.

it's freezing "gritty" - I'll take a photo of my road later if I can before it goes dark.

event the smooth areas are driveable - if you're not going up a steep hill

From broads.ie:

"on another note went to the supermarket for a few thing's and there's chaos.
all out of milk
eek.gif
most shelve's half empty and the place is packed,cars double parked all the way down my estate"

and

"The wife said earlier there was a serious lack of bread and milk in Superquinn."

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055791511&page=76

Yo, remember that bit in An Inconvenient Truth about bits of Greenland melting into the sea and precipitating another Ice Age? Ministers are'nt doing nothing, they're getting their shit and hitting the bunkers. They just haven't told anyone 'til they're all safely tucked away so they don't get caught in the panic. This is not a cold snap, it's the beginning of a new Ice Age.
I'm still hitting the beach tomorrow buh..|..|

Vague plans to go for a swim in the sea tomorrow (and not with a wetsuit either). Not sure though, I went on Christmas Day but this is a different kettle of fish altogether

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back