Dublin Bus aint running (1 Viewer)

Why can't they use sand if grit and salt is so hard to get????

The army can dig it up along our glorious coastlines and then sand the b'jaysus out of the city.

Well, there's a few things wrong with this plan:
our beaches are protected and can't be dug up....thank jebus.
Grit doesn't melt like salt, so in 3 weeks we'd have that shit destroying every windscreen in the SE...

Grit is great for paths, but not for main roads.

We need salt/patience. And we're running out of both.

We need salt/patience. And we're running out of both.

I don't get that - the patience bit. From what I can see, despite everything, people are very much in good spirits.

Maybe its a big old collective plea for sympathy. So, instead of one person being able to take it personally, be the victim, and get pissy about it, cos we're all in the same boat no one is bothering to get pissed off.

I like it actually. Not the inconvenience, but the way people are reacting. Even the other night when everyone had to walk home from work. People seemed chipper, kept the heads up and just got the hell on with it.

It should be like that all the time.

the 10 quid trains are like tuesday to thursday i think off peak times unfortunately. 71 quid otherwise! ya stranded in cark wouldn't be so bad.

As long as you book online far enough in advance you can get tickets for 20 each way, except perhaps Friday at 5.30 or other high peak times.
I've done it many times.

I don't get that - the patience bit. From what I can see, despite everything, people are very much in good spirits.

Maybe its a big old collective plea for sympathy. So, instead of one person being able to take it personally, be the victim, and get pissy about it, cos we're all in the same boat no one is bothering to get pissed off.

I like it actually. Not the inconvenience, but the way people are reacting. Even the other night when everyone had to walk home from work. People seemed chipper, kept the heads up and just got the hell on with it.

It should be like that all the time.

Turn on the radio or read broads.ie.

Some people are freaingthefuckout.

Newstalk is basically calling for a general election due to lack of salt.

Ridiculous.

Also lots of reports of panic buying etc.

Silly.

Thankfully we have a Minister responsible for dealing with such transport emergencies.

Not so thankfully he decided this would be a good time to go on holidays.

What a prick.

Turn on the radio or read broads.ie.

Some people are freaingthefuckout.

Newstalk is basically calling for a general election due to lack of salt.

Ridiculous.

Also lots of reports of panic buying etc.

Silly.

ah, sensationalist jouralistic shite.

I'm talking about real people that I see every day. No one I work with is pissing and moaning about it. What'd be the point?

Fuck it. Its our lot. We need to persevere and get the hell on with it. It'll pass soon and we'll all be glad that it gives us all something to talk about.

Like at lunchtime there. The lad I sit next to in work wasn't born durinig the big snow of 1982. Oh what a big head I had on me when I was able to recount my tales of 8-year-old me getting stuck in snow drifts 20 yards from my house. This'll be like that....

Thankfully we have a Minister responsible for dealing with such transport emergencies.

Not so thankfully he decided this would be a good time to go on holidays.

What a prick.

i hope he went skiiing, that would be deadly. everyone needs to buy snow chains, dress like people in fargo and man the fuck up.

has anyone got a helicopter?? froog??

sure, hop into my roflcopter.

......................__ ............
......<ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL>.
........................| |...........
................... __\||/____......
.\\...............|'-|--| .\\....\.....
..\ \_...........|--|---|..\\ ....\....
../ L \____,/-------\___\___\
.|LOL|-------------O----- ----,\..
..\ L /______,---''-----------, /...
../ /.............\_________ ,/....
.//.............____//___ __\\__/.

I would def agree that situations like this bring out the best in people and the worst in the media and politicians.

Is there enough room in that roflcopter for me?

i don't get it.

driving on ice isn't that bad. I did it yesterday.

the more people that do it the more ground down/naturally gritting the ice gets.

fuck off with you're salt as an excuse for being a total moron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back