Drumcanoo highlights (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter OLP
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 33K
  • Watchers 7
Once again Janer! Well done with some great pics! Some great (foggy) memories there!

Oh by the way....

0F6D2BC3976C4F1B8079C2DC5B289C4C-800.jpg

Would

Great weekend! The Generator outtage for the Marquee that meant that all the line-up clashes I'd anticipated were eliminated has to be one of the highlights for me as it meant I could see most of the bands I wanted to on Saturday :)

Only gettin the energy to get a post together now.

Great weather. Great bands.

Highlights:

- Gettin my hands on the gremlins CD. It's pure fuckin class.
- Colin comin down for a runnin riot acoustic session in the camp site while Paul and Conor went on some sort of a crocs solidarity march..............
- So many bands I'd never heard before blowing my mind. Apolitical and beanz on toast were just fuckin great.
- Band of the weekend was Runnin Riot. Too obvious like, but they're just fuckin amazin. Other greats (that I can actually remember) were Cut The Reins, Section 4, Septic Pussy, Zafaranchos, Inner Terrestrials......
- Spending a fair while apologizing profusely to Con and bob for missing Only Fumes only for Con to inform me that I was in fact going completely fuckin bananas right in front of him for most of their set.
- Feeding Brian-reins-snr ye auld whiskey on the sly :p
- Doing my best ever inpersonation of a fascist bouncer for the whole beat set. Was very disappointed that my fellow fascist bouncer chums wouldn't respond to "SICK HIM" as I pointed at deko and nizmo in an effort to get em booted out. The beat were good craic. Rankin Roger workin the gate for an hour was a bit surreal... As was randomly chattin away to Paco about the football on the telly in the pub.
- To be fair to security, I didn't see em get involved in any "heavy handedness" which was cool enough. They're there as part of insurance agreements so like... fuck it. They didn't cramp me buzz one fizzle. They were actually about to make a line across the marquee to clear it straight after the beat and I just told em fuck it... everyone's gonna fuck off fairly rapid anyway - there's no need to force the issue. AND THEY AGREED!!!

fuck it. I cant continue. more later.

OH also. Petesy nand Dooey were sayin a new warzone venue is getting a second viewing this week. Hope that goes ahead.

Just in case people get the wrong idea about the security... they were dead on lads, friends of the organisers and were not a bit heavy handed. They watched the bands and seem to enjoy most of them too. For the Beat 4 bouncers stood infront of the stage (it really is not the most stable of stages anyway) to stop people from messing with gear and falling on top of each other.

Great weekend altogether.

A74625D91D6E40B5B584449A047ACE41-800.jpg

None of these blokes look like they are actually together at all.....

Caption competition!

I fuckin' love the excuses. .|..|

Wonder who took this picture of Janer while he wasn't looking?

Wasn't me.

Great Weekend, a lot better than last year, weather was much better this time.

Can't really remember much of Sunday but I know I had a great time. Hope to play at this next year again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VzxJ7sNNnE&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Abrasive Wheels / Vicious Circle [Drumanacoo Festival '09][/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pc9QaiMXk&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Paranoid Visions / Don't Dictate [Drumanacoo Festival '09][/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back