Doping (1 Viewer)

Update on the footballers, Baxtor got done for yokes, Livermore apparently has unspecified "personal issues" which people in the media seem to know about but are dancing around the specifics of, which I think it fair enough.

No word on the Irish lad.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is on BBC tonight. Drugs in athletics, featuring Mo Farah's coach.

Apparently Farah is gonna get off the hook though.

UFC just announced their new policy. Year round unannounced blood testing for everyone under contract. This is from the Wrestling Observer.

In a move that is literally going to change the entire UFC, the promotion became the first major professional sports organization to turn over its entire drug testing program to an outside agency, USADA, for year-around unannounced drug testing.

As already stated, the testing program will start on 7/1, and all UFC competitors will be required to be available 24/7 and inform USADA of where they are at all times to be available for testing. USADA will administer this program independent of the UFC, making it the first sports organization to legitimately turn over all its power when it comes to testing and suspensions. Jeff Novitzky, who UFC hired to work with USADA on the program, said it would be the most comprehensive drug testing program in all professional sports.

The keys to the program are the year-around unannounced blood and urine testing. Performance enhancing drugs such as anabolic steroids, Growth Hormone and peptides will be tested for year-around with the first offense being a two year recommended suspension, which could increase to up to four years is the offense is considered flagrant. A second offense would generally be a four year suspension, or eight years if the test was flagrant and a third offense would be a lifetime ban from the organization.

For what this policy considers non-performance enhancing drugs, using the WADA code, covering marijuana, cocaine, stimulants and corticosteroids (csone type shots) would only be violations if they showed up in a test taken during a window of six hours before and after a fight. Those drugs would carry a one year suspension with the possibility of a second year for aggravated circumstances, two years for a second offense with the possibility of four years for an aggravated offense and similar for a third offense.

It is not clear how previous violations will be figured in, such as if Nick Diaz were to test positive again for marijuana, which would be a fourth offense, would it be considered two years minimum, or one year minimum based on first offense under the new policy.

All test failures that have to do with a fight, if the fighter wins the fight, will have the result overturned to a disqualification loss. Also fighters who test positive during fight time with the result discovered after the fact, will forfeit their entire purse, with the money to be donated to either anti-doping research or to add funding for additional tests. Any test failure also would mean forfeiture of a championship, or a position in the rankings if it involved a ranked fighter.orti

this is on BBC tonight. Drugs in athletics, featuring Mo Farah's coach.

Apparently Farah is gonna get off the hook though.

I watched that, yer man doping himself was interesting, 7% improvement and beat the test.

I had to laugh when they showed the 10,000 meters final from London 2012 in the Salazar documentary.
I had hadn't seen that race before and had never heard of Rupp so a white guy finishing ahead of two Ethiopians was hilarious.

Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt :
treated everyone from Stephen Roche to Stevie G. and Bono.
in cycling fan circles he is usually seen as a doper but is seen positively in football circles and in Germany he's a celebrity.
worked closely with Dr. Richard Steadman and even treated Steadman's wife.
prescibes Acotvegin a lot (made of cows blood and used by Lance and the USP team in the Tour de France). Actovegin is banned in the USA.
i read a bizarre account of a session treating Paula Radcliffe which she let a journalist witness. he did some intensive physio work on her but also gave her fourteen injections in her lower back, two in her right front hip and another four in her left foot.
He hasn't published his techniques for peer review.
but I have to say he looks young.

Ken is in good shape for his fight this weekend. 51 years old!

Here, so Rafa Nadal has turned to shite basically over the last year or so, and people are asking what is wrong with him etc.
I just keep thinking, wasn't his 'doctor' the oul Ferrari fella that was doping the fuck out of everyone on his roster? So maybe, Nadal can't take the same drugs any more, and that's why he's gone to gash?

Here, so Rafa Nadal has turned to shite basically over the last year or so, and people are asking what is wrong with him etc.
I just keep thinking, wasn't his 'doctor' the oul Ferrari fella that was doping the fuck out of everyone on his roster? So maybe, Nadal can't take the same drugs any more, and that's why he's gone to gash?

Try the blog Tennis Has a Steroid Problem for answers. I'd say he was more likely a client of Dr. Fuentes of Operacion Puerto fame....?

I thought this was a marvellous post (and there are very few) on The Clinic on cyclingnews.com regarding Radcliffe.

"Look at the clock and then imagine the finish of a 1,500 race and then watch the second hand hit a point. Then watch the second hand move for 7 seconds. That is the gap every mile that Paula put into the Kenyan who has run the second fastest Marathon in history behind her. One hell of a gap. Now just think how much more time she would have put into all those dopers who can't get near her time, if she was boosted to the max. Fifteen or more like twenty seconds? Watch the clock and think of a 1500m finish and count 20 seconds. Is there anyone who has watched a 1500m thinks that is at all credible ?"

It's not really the same thing, but suitable for here I guess

Jake Livermore to face no punishment over positive cocaine test

I thought Steve Bruce's interview after the positive test was announced was curious at the time, I understand why now

"Jake Livermore:Cocaine" has been hanging over him since May. Could they not have used a bit of fucking discretion at the time and saved him the extra hardship.

Authoritative figures. All the bloody same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back