Doping (1 Viewer)

"Jake Livermore:Cocaine" has been hanging over him since May. Could they not have used a bit of fucking discretion at the time and saved him the extra hardship.

Authoritative figures. All the bloody same.

There was a lot of "he's been through a lot" from the off and I heard about his kid during the summer, all very sad

There was a lot of "he's been through a lot" from the off and I heard about his kid during the summer, all very sad

I ain't doubting you but I read the football pages in the manner of someone who is misspending their adulthood, as just misspending their youth wasn't quite enough, and I heard nothing.

Maybe I was the only one who missed all that.
I hope so.

Laughing me hole off at whats happening in athletics at the moment. Not a hope in hell Russia is gonna let itself take the rap for the shite thats rampant throughout the sport.

Poor old Darth Coe is shitting himself. Imagine being in charge if the IAAF when the lid gets blown off the systematic doping thats happening in British sport. All those fancy (and very tainted) olympic medals they (cough) 'won' in London 2012 will have to be sent off for smelting.

Now Putin is getting involved.

I'm off to get some popcorn.

any Arsenal supporters here?

CTelwdsWsAAZSVM.jpg

CTelwdsWsAAZSVM.jpg
Nominally. The funny taste is probably DMSO, it's used instead of saline to dissolve compounds that don't dissolve in water. It's mad stuff, you get it on your finger and you can instantly taste it. It's a garlicky sort of flavour, it's in trace amounts in asparagus and it's what causes your wee to instantly stink of asparagus.

CTelwdsWsAAZSVM.jpg

Wenger is one of the most publicly strident anti-doping people in football. He's about the only person in the game who ever talks about it. The club says that they were multi-vitamin injections and they've been open about giving them since the 90's. Also, Merson has a long time axe to grind.

To me if it's not banned then it's fine. Messi was injecting himself with HGH for most of his teens.

"Some of the media pointed to the fact that Polynesians are predisposed to the disease, but that is not necessarily true. There is just as high an incidence per capita in Australian Aboriginals, Africans and African Americans. You can't just assume racial predisposition."

giving a list of races with a predisposition isn't a great way to demonstrate that there's no racial predisposition

Sebastian Coe is an accident waiting to happen could be the new Brian Cookson or worse McQuaid. no transparency as usual with
people running sport.

Paula Radcliffe unless she releases her blood tests has no credibility left. she is in no way cleared in my estimation.

as Merson's comments on Wenger go i feel he may be being selective. Merse had a long career and likely saw pill taking at other clubs.
Wenger is the only English based manager i have ever heard criticize doping in football.

the Valencia team of the early 2000's is constantly linked with
Dr,. Fuentes (Operacion Puerto) but nobody asks Rafa about
that.

as Merson's comments on Wenger go i feel he may be being selective. Merse had a long career and likely saw pill taking at other clubs.
Wenger is the only English based manager i have ever heard criticize doping in football.

Wenger has publicly mentioned footballs doping issues 3 times in the past month, UEFA's response was to send 10 doping control officers down to the Arsenal training ground last Friday week.

only read this just now - very sad.
i don't know much about Neil Francis or rugby but I have been reading some of his stuff when checking out Kimmage's stuff in the Sunday Indo. - i'm very impressed so far with another excellent article on concussion last Sunday.
when the Rugby WC was getting started he wrote a great piece on how the sport was not confronting doping with many examples given

only read this just now - very sad.
i don't know much about Neil Francis or rugby but I have been reading some of his stuff when checking out Kimmage's stuff in the Sunday Indo. - i'm very impressed so far with another excellent article on concussion last Sunday.
when the Rugby WC was getting started he wrote a great piece on how the sport was not confronting doping with many examples given

No one in the tournament got popped by the testers. Which is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back