Doping (3 Viewers)

according to reports from the irish times and bbc that seem obviously relating to this case there's "a trial now set to begin on July 13th next and expected to last for around two weeks"

Fair enough TH has contributed enough to literature and if he's guilty let him suffer. I'm just going on the word of someone who is not really known for telling lies.

He can't stand Ian o' Riordan, for instance.

Fair enough TH has contributed enough to literature and if he's guilty let him suffer. I'm just going on the word of someone who is not really known for telling lies.

He can't stand Ian o' Riordan, for instance.

he wears his heart on his sleeve though. He lets himself down by letting his hatred for the McQuaid spill over into rows with others. For example, hes repeatedly attacked the people who run the stickybottle website, just because they have articles about McQuaid and don't ask the questions he'd like them to ask.

Got some info on doping in GAA today. Relation is a Dublin Minor Footballer. Will be conducting investigations.....PK is an inspiring man.

saw something on the BBC news this morning about one of the wales players in last nights match against england. It looked like he was just shy of being knocked out cold, twice, yet played on?
PK called me a strange guy. Far as I'm concerned he's the strange one for watching this abomination of a sport.

If you've a source on this would you please PM it to me?
nothing definitive. Its idle chat doing the rounds since the early 2000s, and I'd well believe it.

The only thing about conducting such an investigation is, cos GAA is still amateur, there aren't the same resources as you'd get in professional sports. So you can rule out any systematic doping programs (beyond players being advised to take creatine, which rather bizarrely, is still not illegal). What you'll find more so is that players will go out off their own bat and source their own stuff (probably similar to the kind of stuff you'd source in an average gym).

And you won't find anything at inter-county level. Even though the doping control program for GAA is quite lackse, players are still terrified of it.

saw something on the BBC news this morning about one of the wales players in last nights match against england. It looked like he was just shy of being knocked out cold, twice, yet played on?

George North, saw him basically get kicked right in the jaw. He contributed pretty much nothing to the game after. Whatever concussion protocols there are in rugby can't be up to much if he was allowed to continue.

nothing definitive. Its idle chat doing the rounds since the early 2000s, and I'd well believe it.

The only thing about conducting such an investigation is, cos GAA is still amateur, there aren't the same resources as you'd get in professional sports. So you can rule out any systematic doping programs (beyond players being advised to take creatine, which rather bizarrely, is still not illegal). What you'll find more so is that players will go out off their own bat and source their own stuff (probably similar to the kind of stuff you'd source in an average gym).

And you won't find anything at inter-county level. Even though the doping control program for GAA is quite lackse, players are still terrified of it.
Yep, club players getting illegal shit to make them bigger.
BUT, I was told yesterday that a Dublin football panellist spent an off-season taking banned substances in order to break into the Dublin panel. Which he has now done.

As for resources, county teams are costing millions to run these days.
It doesn't cost as much as you think. At county conventions the numbers are published, and while theres undoubtedly costs well hidden in the 'miscellaneous' column, theres no way county boards are putting money aside for drugs.

Your dublin story doesn't surprise me. But now hes in an environment where he could get tested. Theres no testing in the club game. Unless he is getting expert medical advice as regards how he can pass a drugs test while still doping, I'd imagine he'll be packing it in now that hes made the panel.

And I 100% believe a player did as you said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back