Doping (2 Viewers)

New

they say you should never meet your heroes. Not true in this case. One of the soundest fellas I've ever met. We spent an hour and a half at it. He answered every question I had for him. And we could have continued for longer. At the end he said "yknow, you're a strange guy...but I really like it". Gave me a signed book and said he had another to send me. We'll keep in touch.

Forgot to ask about the tour.
Humphries is innocent.
Scanlon's lost the head a bit cos his experience was so harrowing. Would like to talk to him.
Froome - haha
D
Surprised Yates hasn't topped himself. Very unstable.
Didn't mention McCormack in rough ride as he was a doper and they'd no idea he was even riding till the night before.

Q: Do you think ANYONE has won the Tour clean in the last 30/40 years?

A: .....pfffff maybe leMond in 86. Maybe. Pretty sure not in 89.

Humphries is innocent.

of what? jaysus.

I loved Humphries as a journo. Crossed paths with him several times back in the day when I was involved in the sport that he was also involved with.

suppose it depends on what the charge is. I don't want to be making accusations here before he has his day in court but jaysus.

Humpy, Kimmage and Walsh were great buddies back in the day when they were covering golf and michelle-smith-gate.

That's true but he says the stuff in the papers was bullshit and TH had some mental issues before it all kicked off. Said he must pay him a visit soon.

I believe in Paul. As genuine a guy as you could meet.

What else....Ciaran Power was mentally scarred by his experience at Linda mcD because of the rampant doping going on. Was completely screwed.

jaysus, Lemond. I should have asked you to ask him about Lemond taking a shite on the box of postcards in the caravan at the 86 tour. That was quite a story.

Scuts I have his mobile no. and his email address. I hope to see him again or else exchange the odd email.

Scuts I have his mobile no. and his email address. I hope to see him again or else exchange the odd email.
good stuff. I read about this story in Richard Moore's (who Kimmage hates) 'Slaying the Badger' book, which is excellent.

Kimmage said he never admired anyone more than he did Lemond at that particular moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back