deerhunter (1 Viewer)

Do any guitar/gear geeks (Ian looking at you) know what kind of stuff they use to create those big washes of sound? Are they using samples or making loops on stage or is there just copious use of delays? They're fucking sweet for the transitions in a live setting. Helicopter was especially good last night. Took me a while to liek the version on the album but eventually got round to the processed drums sound.

Dis was neat. Spent most of the lower dens set being jostled around by gropey drunk people, but I suppose it's my own fault for standing near the front side door. Really enjoyed them in anywayzzz. The deerhunters wuz deadly, but like you cats, I found the last part kinda taxing, the room being as broiling and packed as it was for most of the gig, I sorta just wanted it to end. I couldn't help but have a wee chuckle thinking about what effect the noise parts and the last encore had on the two lads I seen come in during the lower dens and use their iphone app song-identifier thingy to see if it was deerhunter who were playing. Class

Yeah brilliant gig. Uncomfortably rammed but watched the second half from upstairs which got over that problem. Loved it.

Do any guitar/gear geeks (Ian looking at you) know what kind of stuff they use to create those big washes of sound? Are they using samples or making loops on stage or is there just copious use of delays?

I think it's changed over the years, the first couple of times I saw them Bradford had a macbook on stage so it was likely samples with him but I passed by him after the gig on Friday and had a look at this pedals, he's got a lie 6 DL 4 delay on his board at the minute which has a loop functionality, I'd imagine it could be from that.

unexpectedly got a ticket to this last minute. really liked the support band on just before deerhunter whoever that was (hipster youth or wha?)
nice gig but it was a bit too packed for me. i kept having to go for wees (small bladder) and so it was a pain in the arse trying to keep getting back up to where me seat was. is there toilets upstairs in that place or just downstairs? got a bit boring to the end. sound was loud and the guitars sounded whopper but i kept losing the bass and i thought the drums could've dont with being a fair bit louder. could barely make out what he was playing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back