Debt collection agencies (1 Viewer)

Fucking hell. They didn't even get my name right.
I was watching some programme on BBC a while back about people who were being harassed by debt collection agencies even though they didn't have any debt cos the agency had the right name but the wrong person or had spelled the name wrong etc. Any chance that's what's going on?

I was watching some programme on BBC a while back about people who were being harassed by debt collection agencies even though they didn't have any debt cos the agency had the right name but the wrong person or had spelled the name wrong etc. Any chance that's what's going on?
ah yes, the tuttle-buttle conundrum

Jane, get in touch with the collection agency. Offer to settle at 25cents on the dollar. They'll haggle with you and wind up somewhere around 35-40 cents on the dollar. Your credit in the states will be fucked for only seven years and then yer in the clear. If you plan on being here for at least seven years, you've got nothing to lose.

Ah, no, they do mean me, it's just that forms got sent and put in a pile, and I'm on the deferment list. I don't have to pay anything back until I'm done with the PhD, which won't be for a good while yet. I think it's a mistake, but I think it's pretty much sorted now. I hope! If not, it will be. It's basically that my loan company won't send things to Ireland or call Ireland, and then both of my parents keep moving, so letters keep not arriving on time, etc etc.

I think my credit's still okay -- I hope!

Thanks, all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back