Death of the Amusement Arcade. (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
There used to be loads of musies all over the place. They seem to have pretty much died out. There's still Quirky's on O'Connell street and one or two other salubrious looking places on the quays and around Talbot St. but otherwise they seem to be gone. Swords used to have a couple of places, now gone too. Are other towns the same? It seems to me that arcades died sometime in the 1990s by and large. I blame the PS1.

you need to get yourself to tokyo

arcadecabinets.jpg
tokyo%20-%20japanese%20arcade5.jpg

Yeah there's a number of places with poker machines on Dorset St. but they're not really that inviting. "Hey guys, do you have a vintage 1992, Street Fighter II: The World Warrior?"

There used to be loads of musies all over the place. They seem to have pretty much died out. There's still Quirky's on O'Connell street and one or two other salubrious looking places on the quays and around Talbot St. but otherwise they seem to be gone. Swords used to have a couple of places, now gone too. Are other towns the same? It seems to me that arcades died sometime in the 1990s by and large. I blame the PS1.

y'know i blame PS1 + 2 on the sudden, almost universal, gush of interest in real Formula One/Grand prix among my mates.

That place in Phibsboro still there?

Speaking of Phibsboro is that shop Bob's still there? Opposite Conan Doyle's pub? So many childhood memories there.

That place in Phibsboro still there?

Speaking of Phibsboro is that shop Bob's still there? Opposite Conan Doyle's pub? So many childhood memories there.

Place in phibsboro is now another Dr. Quirkeys.

Bobs Bargins has been gone for years. It's now a hairdressers/toy shop thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back