Dead logic board MBP (1 Viewer)

Im guessing its out of warranty? I had to get mine replaced by Mactivate 3 times this year. If you bought the MBP in 2007, find out if its the Nvidia graphics card issue, you might be covered by an Extended Warranty.

i changed the cd burner in a regular macbook a few weeks back. it took an hour and a half and was immensely stressful. i found a detailed online blog guide on how to do it. its impossible if you dont have the exact tools they specify, which are over the counter. basically, if you cant find a blog with it done detailed, step by step, then get someone to do it for you.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-remove-the-logic-board-from-a-15-macbook-pro-248905/

all i could find was this, and i don't consider it detailed enough because it doesn't say much about opening the actual case itself, which would be easy to fuck up without good instructions.

Can't post links, but do a google search for this -

Apple Extends MacBook Pro NVIDIA GeForce Service Policy to Three Years

If thats the issue you are covered by the extended warranty. Same thing happened to me. You'll be told to take the machine to Mactivate / whoever's near - they'll run a check on the machine, and if thats the issue they should replace the Logic Board for free.

I'd raise a ticket with Apple Care too, and keep track of it, because alot of people who had this issue ended up getting multiple logic board replacements. I had 3. After that you can 'escalate' the issue...

My MBP was one of the 2007 ones.

Can't post links, but do a google search for this -

Apple Extends MacBook Pro NVIDIA GeForce Service Policy to Three Years

If thats the issue you are covered by the extended warranty. Same thing happened to me. You'll be told to take the machine to Mactivate / whoever's near - they'll run a check on the machine, and if thats the issue they should replace the Logic Board for free.

I'd raise a ticket with Apple Care too, and keep track of it, because alot of people who had this issue ended up getting multiple logic board replacements. I had 3. After that you can 'escalate' the issue...

My MBP was one of the 2007 ones.

Nice one for that. I think mine was one of the early 2006 ones. but i'll give it a go

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back