Dead Dog (1 Viewer)

I've been considering taxidermy as a hobby for about 15 years now, but I've got too much on at the moment to get started today.
TNX.

norm1.jpg

??

exactly!

I've been looking for one for about 25 years now

They're on ebay occasionally but postage from th US is just stupid

I'll ask them lads, they're from Leeds though (and you probably know them better than me).

I don't think I know them..I only knew the Paddy contingent over there

I was even considering going to a butcher and getting one then doing the whole " head in a barrel of maggots" thing in order to clean it

But It could get a bit messy

as long as the animal is respected and offered a modicum of dignity i have no objection

er...

Prod_Tax_Mouse_Pope_11-06.jpg

johnnystress said:
here, speaking of dead animals

where oh where can i get a cow or a horse skull?

(for satanic and/or decorative purposes)

any farmers of hunters here?

Hey Johnny, grew up on a farm myself. There is likely to be one or two in any farm you visit. If you know anyone and ask them can you walk their land you will find one over the course of the day. It is older animals you will find because obviously farmers do not leave their livestock rot in the fields. Otherwise it might be worth asking a meat factory if they will give you one? I am not sure how they dispose of what is left of the animal after they process it. Sausages I guess.

Thanks timbot. I like the idea of a weather bleached one. I'd imagine a factory would give me a head, skin, eyes , flesh attached?

Good suggestions though

Cheers

Hey Johnny, grew up on a farm myself. There is likely to be one or two in any farm you visit. If you know anyone and ask them can you walk their land you will find one over the course of the day. It is older animals you will find because obviously farmers do not leave their livestock rot in the fields. Otherwise it might be worth asking a meat factory if they will give you one? I am not sure how they dispose of what is left of the animal after they process it. Sausages I guess.

Its illegal to have carcuses on yer land now I think?

Best bet is to try a local butcher who has their own slaughter house (abitor..?) The bigger ones would be more stringent with regulations about handing over such things after the whole bone marrow BSE scare thing. You'll probaly recieve it fairly manky, this can be over come by boiling the thing in bleach and then stripping it. A cow scull would be massive though. We got cattle ribs for an art project in school a few years ago and had to boil and strip them... stanking process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back