Wholegrain mustard
Cumin
Coriander powder
Turmeric
Green chilli
Ginger
Lemon
Fresh Coriander

Fry your chopped red onion & garlic for 2 mins. Add a tsp each of cumin, coriander powder & turmeric. Add chopped green chilli, chopped ginger & tsp of wholgrain mustard. Fry for a further min. Then add can of chickpeas, can of tomatoes and a wee bit of water. Season. Then add your spinach. Simmer for about 10 mins. Finally add lemon juice and chopped fresh coriander. Serve with rice or dogpoo. Does 2 people, maybe 3.

Rapeh.

Good work on the Ghee comments, people! :D

I just got back from lunch with my housemate and she had chicken curry (i had a tuna sandwich, but thats not important right now).

The thing is, she had a cup of tea with it.

She is from Carlow so maybe that explains it.

We were out for pizza once and she had a cup of tea with that too!

Is it a rural thing? Do all welly-dancers have hot drinks with their hot food?

I would have thought it was more of a "Dubberlin in the rare aul' times" thing. Who knows...

I know nothing about making curry, All i know is when my da makes it , he puts fucking raisins in it. Im not having that. Theres no good raisin for doing it hyukhyukhyuk, all though I do like to keep abreast of current affairs scruffylaugh.

IM in a terrible mood, Ive not had a good day so far, and I need to take it out on someone. Come, fuckers, volunteer.

Some secrets:

- use a lot of onion, diced really finely, and simmer it for a good 20 minutes before you put *anything* else in the pan

- dry cook your spices first before putting em in

- experiment with lots of different spices.... some people often forget about are fenugreek, asafoetida, fennel, mango powder, cardamom

- When you get to know your way around ingredients, decide what kind of curry you want- do you want it sweet? sour? dark flavoured? light flavoured? what colour? etc.... this shoud also help you choose what your liquid is gonna be e.g. stock, yoghurt, tomato crap or cream

- I don't think I've ever made an indian dish without lemon juice in it somewhere

- if you can use freshly ground spices or herbs, do it. You cannot underestimate the gorgeoousness of freshness

- it *always* tastes better the next day

Wilbert said:
Good work on the Ghee comments, people! :D

I just got back from lunch with my housemate and she had chicken curry (i had a tuna sandwich, but thats not important right now).

The thing is, she had a cup of tea with it.

She is from Carlow so maybe that explains it.

We were out for pizza once and she had a cup of tea with that too!

Is it a rural thing? Do all welly-dancers have hot drinks with their hot food?

My mammy in law believes in having milk, coke and tea all at the same time with dinner.

c0De_n1NjA said:

No *you're* a knobjockey.

-other things one might try... dashes of the xmas spices- nutmeg/cinnamon/ground cloves
- mustard seeds

Making nice rice to go wiv your curry is equally important too. Chuck a bit of saffron or turmeric or cloves or cardamoms in with the rice when it's cooking
or
Fry up some dark mustard seeds in a pan with oil, chuck the cooked rice in and throw in a load of fresh lemon on top of it

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

aoifed said:
Some secrets:

- use a lot of onion, diced really finely, and simmer it for a good 20 minutes before you put *anything* else in the pan

- dry cook your spices first before putting em in

- experiment with lots of different spices.... some people often forget about are fenugreek, asafoetida, fennel, mango powder, cardamom

- When you get to know your way around ingredients, decide what kind of curry you want- do you want it sweet? sour? dark flavoured? light flavoured? what colour? etc.... this shoud also help you choose what your liquid is gonna be e.g. stock, yoghurt, tomato crap or cream

- I don't think I've ever made an indian dish without lemon juice in it somewhere

- if you can use freshly ground spices or herbs, do it. You cannot underestimate the gorgeoousness of freshness

- it *always* tastes better the next day

Where do you get asafoetida? I've looked for it but have never found any :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back