Crud towns in Ireland (1 Viewer)

by the way, can we include villages in this? I grew up about 7 miles outside limerick, equidistant between two tiny villages: infamous hurling crazed satellite limerick slum/shovel attack/triad murder/IRA stronghold partrickswell, and picturesque tourist board, thatched cottaged, golf course tidy town adare. where gerry mccabe was shot. by one of my neighbours. fucksake!

I had a swamp outside my back garden though. :cool:

ernesto said:
it is lovely. Kinsale that is.

never been to Dingle
You should check it out some time. The drive down can be amazing and the town is brilliant, great pubs and some genuinely good irish music (for a change).

Kinsale is great apart from the rugby 7s weekend,tourists,over-priced food,rich locals and that girl who bottled me a few years ago...sorry, i really do hate anywhere outside of the modem/offie bag circumfrence(<-is that spelt right)

enfield is the most depressing dump ever.

and the whole of offaly.

did anyone know there's a town called 'Emo' in Laois? i never knew....
nothing to do with the petrol, is it? :confused:

ernesto said:
Abbeyleix & Urlingford are both strong contenders
I used to go out with a girl from Abbeyleix back in 81/82 ish!
Was chased out the town cos my bondage trousers were maybe a bit b4 their town was ready for !ninjaaaa

evil bandit said:
Borris-in-Ossery, it's one of those inbred nothing towns that I'd only ever heard of but never seen until I got the bus to Limerick from Dublin. It's full of toothless simpletons just staring at the traffic possibly willing the drivers to stop and take them but more then likely stunned by the horse-less carraiges that are passing in-front of them.

It truely is a league of gentlemen town thats only claim to fame is that busses stop there..

Borris unneccessary as I like to call it gets my vote for the crud town of Ireland.
lol I could just picture ur description, had me in stitches :D

i *heart* Kinsale, Dingle, and Roundstone.
there are a couple of other towns i really loved, but can't remember the names.

BING! just though of another shithole. Aughrim.
ugh!

La La said:
i *heart* Kinsale, Dingle, and Roundstone.
there are a couple of other towns i really loved, but can't remember the names.

BING! just though of another shithole. Aughrim.
ugh!

Aughrim Galway or Aughrim Wicklow? Or another aughrim?

The wicklow accent continues to evolve into something poetic, beautiful and quar-tin laaaavly. I love wicklow. I hate the people. I hate the lack of a hurling team to support.

trianglegrrrl said:
The wicklow accent continues to evolve into something poetic, beautiful and quar-tin laaaavly. I love wicklow. I hate the people. I hate the lack of a hurling team to support.

Wicklow have a hurling team. They play in Division 2 of the National hurling league and scored 7-15 in their last match.

I've lived variously near places like new ross, bunclody, roscrea, fermoy, clonmel. anyway i never go out at weekends there is nowhere to go and nothing whatsoever to do locally. i'm at a loss why someone would want to go to a nightclub in clonmel or somewhere. whatever idiots live in these here parts i never have to deal with.
if you don't live near such places you have no real reason to stop in them for more than five minutes.
frankly i'd be far more embarrassed to live in dublin 4 or dalkey the people there are probably more morbid.

the last call said:
People dissin' Letterkenny in the hawtorne heights thread got me thinking,what does anyone think is the worst town in ireland?Athlone?Longford?Please reply with stories about about fighting,dodgy sex,21st's in G.A.A halls etc.

Enniscorthy has had three cops beaten up in the past month, has had three brothels shut down in the past five years, has the highest drug convections in wexford. Fighting the whole time, two rapes since the start of the year, the community college in ennscorthy will take you even if you get suspended from your own school of beating up a teacher. People get jumped on a lot. You all heard about the poor woman who was found weighing five stone. We have a really high suicide rate, theres even a joke in wexford town that you cant throw stones off the bridge over the slaney in enniscorthy because you'll hit some one in the river. We have this one guy that goes around setting things on fire from hotels to bails. Its basically a scum hole.

And to quote some one from wexford town "Enniscorthy, it was like stepping back into the nineteen fifties".

But I suppose its not as shittie is Bunclody, the gaurds are after every one up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back