Crud towns in Ireland (1 Viewer)

the last call said:
We went to a pub("the highest pub in ireland") a few years ago in West Cork/Kerry border.The family that ran it were known locally as 'the tops' and after we woke a couple of them up and asked them for service, they seemed genuinely shocked that we wanted pints instead of bottles...sorta got the picture when they wiped the dust off the taps and things gained a special clarity when we tasted 'em.Ah but they were true and dascent people all the same
that's just outside kilgarvan innit? jackie healy rae's hometown! factoid!

name.gif

this is interesting... there's been this "highest pub in ireland" debate between that pub and johnnie fox's for a long time now. couldn't somebody just get an altimeter and sort it out! more importantly, who cares!

plug said:
that's just outside kilgarvan innit? jackie healy rae's hometown! factoid!

name.gif

this is interesting... there's been this "highest pub in ireland" debate between that pub and johnnie fox's for a long time now. couldn't somebody just get an altimeter and sort it out! more importantly, who cares!
he's got a lifesize cutout of himself on the side of the road on the way into the village.what a fucktard

midleton cork

http://http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1142328,00.html

It may be a statistical anomaly, but the spate of suicides in Midleton means that it now has a rate equivalent to 80 per 100,000, double that of Lithuania, currently the worst country in the world for suicide. “The biggest puzzle is why? Why here in Midleton?” says Pat Buckley.

the midlands are shit, the whole centre of the country needs to be plucked out like a boil and fucked off towards the azores. Leaving us with a nice scnenic doughnut which is not full of gross bungalows thrown up by planning-law-shy farmers.

hmmm
"To hell or to...the mid-atlantic"
doesn't have the same ring to it as Mr Cromwell's version, but a solid turn of phrase, nonetheless.

Wormo said:
I really like Ballinasloe.

Jedi: Pavee scum -nigger scum? polack scum? - uh oh race-oh! Or maybe I've picked you up wrong.....

Why?

(I like actually like the fact that it has four supermacs's's's. Since Wheel-a-bin got sold off it's the only example of enterprise in the town)

I really like the vibe in it. Possibly nostalgia. It's changed a lot since I was going there regularly as a kid but I went down last week and it was still nice. Also I saw loads of eastern yurpeens hanging around with the locals. Multiculturalism!

Wormo said:
I really like the vibe in it. Possibly nostalgia. It's changed a lot since I was going there regularly as a kid but I went down last week and it was still nice. Also I saw loads of eastern yurpeens hanging around with the locals. Multiculturalism!

:confused:

Did you go out? Hang out waiting for a taxi etc?

Familiarity breeds contempt or something I spose.

Wormo said:
Jedi: Pavee scum -nigger scum? polack scum? - uh oh race-oh! Or maybe I've picked you up wrong.....
Yeah, maybe the wrong choice of words. Not saying that all settled travellers are scum, just that there was a lot of complete and utter psycho settled travellers down there which, in my experience, like it or not, tend to be more psycho than yer average scum, i.e. jumping on people's heads in the middle of the street, attacking people with hatchets, taking chainsaws to pubs when they turn them away and so forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back