-crisp reviews- (1 Viewer)

damn you all, as a result of reading this thread i was compelled to eat a packet of crisps. hunky dory salt and vinegar, not bad.

me too! (mccoy's salt and vinegar - mm, savoury explosion.)

kettle chips sea salt and balsamic vinegar are one of my favourite things in the world. i like balsamic vinegar enough to just eat bread dipped in it, and they actually taste like it.

who likes snax?

yay.jpg

wow, this thread really kicked off. phew.

i'm currently eating a packet of red doritos, chilli heatwave.
corn chips with "extreme crunch & flavour overload". and i have to admit both the crunch and flavour factors are high.

but as with all doritos, they're really full of a lot of crappy ingredients and the first taste can be really strong, almost vinegary, yet no matter how strong the flavour there is still a prominent sugary taste, sweeter than crisps should be.
particularly nice with beer though.

i ate them alot when i was vegan and i still choose them over the blue packet.
the orange packet i never go for cos i'm pretty sure it's not Xv-edgeX.

i still really like them and eat them regularly, but i know deep inside there are better crisps.

overall: 7/10

P263.jpg

Discos-SVFever.jpg

Salt & Vinegar Discos

Some people are put off by the completely artificial texture that feels almost like holy communion. Some people are put off by the fact that there is so much flavouring on these crisps that you are guaranteed to get a mouth ulcer after eating them.

To these people I say fuck off back to whatever fucking crisp you crawled out from. Salt and vinegar Discos are the best crisp out there.

Anyone tried the Salty Dog range of crisps? I don't even know if they sell in them in shops. Our vending machine in work stocks them. They're trying to position themselves as the Innocent Smoothie Company of the crisp world. Except their crisps are completely unremarkable in every way.

to be fair... you need to be a certain type of crisp lover to go in for the whole discos buzz.

ie they are manky. They are scouldy. They are the Ligas of crisps. They go into the mouth, hit moisture, absorb it like a sponge and instantly turn to sludge.

Skips do this also, but, Skips had a certain snap crackle pop (tm) charm to them. And a tinglyness. Discos just go soggy. Fuck discos.

Rancheros are very much the everyman crisp. It didn't matter if you were a cowboy on the range :
brokeback-mountain-9.jpg

or just a couple of lads having a bit of a laugh.
brokeback-mountain.jpg

Rancheros were the perfect mid meal treat. :)

me too! (mccoy's salt and vinegar - mm, savoury explosion.)

kettle chips sea salt and balsamic vinegar are one of my favourite things in the world. i like balsamic vinegar enough to just eat bread dipped in it, and they actually taste like it.

There should be a balsamic vinegar appreciation thread, oh how I loves it!! And those kettle crisps are fantastic alright though I still maintain the marks and spencers balsamic vinegar ones have the edge...

Discos-SVFever.jpg

Salt & Vinegar Discos

Some people are put off by the completely artificial texture that feels almost like holy communion. Some people are put off by the fact that there is so much flavouring on these crisps that you are guaranteed to get a mouth ulcer after eating them.

To these people I say fuck off back to whatever fucking crisp you crawled out from. Salt and vinegar Discos are the best crisp out there.

Anyone tried the Salty Dog range of crisps? I don't even know if they sell in them in shops. Our vending machine in work stocks them. They're trying to position themselves as the Innocent Smoothie Company of the crisp world. Except their crisps are completely unremarkable in every way.

yes! Discos rule.

Cheese and onion Discos too.

had half a pack of bbq hula hoops today.

dunno will i sleep tonight with the excitement of eating the other half tomorrow. :)

They sell them in posh shops, bars and cafes over here in Ingerland. They rock.

I have to say I'm also a fan of both ends of the crisp spectrum - cheapie crisps/ Discos definitely taste better after a few beers or some naughty plants though.

did anyone mention crun-chos? does anyone even remember them? amazing... they were 12p, cos they were that little bit more special. I used to eat around a dozen packs of chickatees daily around that time; now I have about a billion fillings. thanks chickatees!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back