-crisp reviews- (1 Viewer)

jillface

Website
Visit site
as an avid crisp fan, i thought this would be a worthwhile thread.
so post up your reviews so i don't end up feeling like a fat bint!
:)

my first contribution is Skips.

Skips-Prawn.jpg

prawn cocktail flavour, yet not overwhelmingly so, as say scampi fries can be. but they do smell pretty strong.
the packaging is mostly yellow with reddy/pink text with silver streaks. i like the colour combination and it's also representative of the colour of the actual crisps themselves, smart.

i loved them as a kid but when i switched to a veggie diet i stopped eating them as they contained fish oil.
now they don't!

they were marketed as "fizzibly melty" as they are known to feel tingly and melt on your tongue.
however, they don't melt on the tongue they way i remember they did. and on further thought, perhaps this due to the new recipe.

overall rating: 6/10

BansheeBones.jpg

Banshee bones.
although they are a 'flavoured corn snack' and tehnically not a 'crisp' they do however fall under the same territory. They are of a salt and vinegar combo-flavoured crunchy delight, as you can tell from the ghoulish packaging. It also tells us that this particular packet is a 'fun pack' so you know you're in for a treat.
the bones themselves are a kind of femur-bone shape. actually theyre more like small spanners. The salty niceness gives a satisfactory vinagery impact upon the rapid tastebud absorbing mechanism.
one problem i did find with them was with their shape; a reasonably-sized amount is easy to chew but with just one or two in there it's concentration time.

i still like 'em all these years too, definitely a returnable crisp for me.

overall rating: 6/10

Face's Hot Lips
Crun-chos
Meanies
Burger Bites
those wheely ones
all = yum

any form of crip or corn snack is my friend

Face's Hot Lips
Crun-chos
Meanies
Burger Bites
those wheely ones
all = yum

any form of crip or corn snack is my friend
meanies & wheelies and super hoopers = deadly
never a big fan of burrrrger bites and crunchos were a bit too on the crunchy side for me. hot lips are champs aswell actually.

I'm a big fan of corn snacks and in my opinion the daddy of them all is the bacon flavoured wheelie

pst_wheelies.gif

If pushed for a favourite crisp flavour I'd have to go for salt and Vinegar and while Discos, Chipsticks and Frisps are all high up the list I have recently discovered these bad boys
squares_sv.jpg

and now all other crisps pale in comparisson.

we brought a 12 package o' Tayho out to Rome for Joss the other weekend. Since this whole 'my lipstick might bomb the plane' shennanigans, anything you buy in the airport has to be put in a transparent plastic bag, so Stan had to carry the 12 pack o' Tayho because I refused to, and hence, he looked like the worlds biggest Irishman ever going on holidays. All we needed was some Lyons and a Brennans sliced and we'd have been set.

Tayto and King Crisps are now made by Perry. I bet they're all the same crips now just put in different packets. You can even buy a multi-pack with Tayto and King in it. Ring-a-ring-a-rosie.... :(

we brought a 12 package o' Tayho out to Rome for Joss the other weekend. Since this whole 'my lipstick might bomb the plane' shennanigans, anything you buy in the airport has to be put in a transparent plastic bag, so Stan had to carry the 12 pack o' Tayho because I refused to, and hence, he looked like the worlds biggest Irishman ever going on holidays. All we needed was some Lyons and a Brennans sliced and we'd have been set.

my brothers live in dallas and they eat more tayto, smarties and chocolate biscuits every week than they did in all the years they lived in ireland before they departed their homeland. anybody going to america on holidays cannot arrive without at least one extra suitcase load of food.

Tayto and King Crisps are now made by Perry. I bet they're all the same crips now just put in different packets. You can even buy a multi-pack with Tayto and King in it. Ring-a-ring-a-rosie.... :(

:eek:

no!

i love the taytos best. burger bites, chickatees, monstermunch and rancheros are great too. meanies are only alright.

Mmm totally buying a bag of meanies to eat on the bus on the way home now. and then i'm gonna breath pickled onion all over stan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back