Cover Version Challenge? (2 Viewers)

best Talking Heads song by a million billion miles is Sax and Violins

I may enter this just to prove my point

best Talking Heads song by a million billion miles is Sax and Violins

nnnnooooooo!!!!

that was the last song on the double cassette version of Sand In The Vaseline and I doubt I ever made it to the end of it

I did my song last night, but I couldn't get it up on sendspace or anything, going to see if Pete can host it for me and bang it up tonight... there's a few issues...

nnnnooooooo!!!!

that was the last song on the double cassette version of Sand In The Vaseline and I doubt I ever made it to the end of it

I did my song last night, but I couldn't get it up on sendspace or anything, going to see if Pete can host it for me and bang it up tonight... there's a few issues...

noones impressed by your uber quick turnaround, pantone.

also IMHO I think talking heads is a tricky choice cause everyone loves them and they're so good... it's much easier to cover something you're mostly indifferent about, rather then something you care about and want to come out well and make you feel as brilliant as the original does

y'dig?

I did some Stock Aiken and Waterman covers recently and it was tremendous fun

I'd go for Stock Aiken and Waterman next for sure.
They wrote some dynamite tunes. Overproduced and horrible as fuck, but the tunes underneath= class.

maybe they'll be impressed by the slight, but very real, audiability of the click track through most of the song....

*cough*

IMHO there's no point faffing about with covers or you'll drive yourself batty, like Ian is right now

hehe yaaaa I'm only at the working out parts part. the next part will be where I go insane.

also IMHO I think talking heads is a tricky choice cause everyone loves them and they're so good... it's much easier to cover something you're mostly indifferent about, rather then something you care about and want to come out well and make you feel as brilliant as the original does

y'dig?

I did some Stock Aiken and Waterman covers recently and it was tremendous fun

Or perhaps you are all taking yourselves too seriously? Should have mine done by Sunday or at least nearly there. The worse it is, the better the entertainment, no?

Or perhaps you are all taking yourselves too seriously? Should have mine done by Sunday or at least nearly there. The worse it is, the better the entertainment, no?

probably. I don't take myself too seriously.. I may take the challenge too seriously. but then that'll only serve to harden the blow when the results are shit.

I'd go for Stock Aiken and Waterman next for sure.
They wrote some dynamite tunes. Overproduced and horrible as fuck, but the tunes underneath= class.

I've an mp3 of P247's 'I Should Be So Lucky' kicking around here, give us an e-mail addy that can handle about 3mb and I'll send it on

3mb of rock hard pop genius!

hey, I put IMHO up there, which legally means you can't call me out on it... anyhow it's possible, Talking Heads were a huge band for me growing up, so any attempt to cover them is going to have a certain extra weight too it. So it becomes seriously by sort of default

in saying that my cover is pretty much sacreligious for a number of reason... but...

hey, I put IMHO up there, which legally means you can't call me out on it... anyhow it's possible, Talking Heads were a huge band for me growing up, so any attempt to cover them is going to have a certain extra weight too it. So it becomes seriously by sort of default

in saying that my cover is pretty much sacreligious for a number of reason... but...

Sorry, I wasn't calling you out. I just quoted you but it seems everyone is taking what is a fun idea too seriously. My cover will be the worst and I take pleasure in knowing it. I'm laughing at it already.

I'm planning on improvising my cover, fuck spending loads of time learning a song.

so whats a good song to do? i know fuck all talking heads. something with one chord would be good.

I chose once in a lifetime as its the exact same bass line all the way through thinking that that would be easy.
I was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back