Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

Random throwaway thought - does breathing through your mouth instead of your nose make any odds to your chances of getting covid, assuming you're in an environment where it's in the air?

Random throwaway thought - does breathing through your mouth instead of your nose make any odds to your chances of getting covid, assuming you're in an environment where it's in the air?
Hah! I very much doubt it, but I always breathe through my nose when I'm passing close to people because I feel like all the hair and snot must surely filter something out

I was thinking that maybe breathing through your mouth might expose less surface area to the virus, given that I assume the inside of your mouth would be a hostile place for it.

I got my third jab yesterday. No bother really.

I am surprised by the amount of people who haven't had it, or only had one so far. None of their reasons amount to anything more than laziness or selfishness. It's all been really straight forward for me.

Regarding the LFT's I mentioned a while ago, they're still free, but they're entirely out of stock.

A teacher friend was lamenting the state of affairs. 12 staff out with Rona, a sizeable chunk of students as well. No tests, no bubbling, no nothing. And they're still having assemblies and raffles and shit.

I was thinking that maybe breathing through your mouth might expose less surface area to the virus, given that I assume the inside of your mouth would be a hostile place for it.
So get this, right, but bear in mind this is based on stuff I was reading around like 10 months ago or something.
Basically, the 'spike' protein that is so famously the means by which the virus latches on to your cells to enter the body, the spike attaches itself to receptors that are primarily found in the mouth and nose parts of our body; however, there are something like 10 times more of these receptor cells at the back of the nose than there are in the mouth, SOOOO theoretically breathing only through the mouth should potentially result in less chance of catching the virus than breathing with the nose. (Incidentally, this is why those people that don't cover their noses with their masks are fucking morons).
Of course, the other thing is, at the end of the day the mouth and nose connect at the back of the throat, so I figure it probably makes fuck all odds because even if breathing with the mouth, airborne virus cells will still end up in proximity to the receptor cells at the back of the nose, right?

TLDR - Breathing through the nose might actually give less chance of catching the virus, but as the nose and mouth are actually connected, it's hard to see that actually being the case.

Got my third jab this morning. Although unlikely, there is a possibility of a booster shot later.

Today's cohort were a lot more bockety than the last time
Got the offer of a booster shot. Wondering if I should bother. Tell me what to do Thumped.

London shitting themselves over omnicovid is a bit of a worry.

The anti jacks movement is gaining in popularity & will have as serious implications for society as anti vaxx.
When you have millions of people who refuse to use toilets because they see it as a form of government control, we are in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back