Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

Do waiting staff in Ireland have a union? I see, and understand the anger in twitter from restaurant and pub owners. But we are in unchartered territories here. Not seeing staff giving out so hoping they are at least being looked after with the dole.

Just started Christmas holidays here so don't take my Monday and Tuesday playschool from me. Im dying for the ride.

Do waiting staff in Ireland have a union? I see, and understand the anger in twitter from restaurant and pub owners. But we are in unchartered territories here. Not seeing staff giving out so hoping they are at least being looked after with the dole.
I don't think so - I was looking at research from hospitality sector recently and it's all very entry level - totally an industry that has sub minimum wages, no career path other than chef or quit and mad agressive cultures. You might see a bit of a push to unionise in the next few months, a few bits beeing assembled by people at present. but no, they just gonna get yeeted

Jones’s Road
Dublin 3
D03 P6K7

Get Directions (opens in Google Maps)

Booster dose​

40 years and older​

• Tuesday 21 December, 1.40pm to 4.10pm, 5.20pm to 7.10pm
  • Wednesday 22 December, 1.40pm to 4.10pm, 5.20pm to 7.10pm

This restricted times are a drag, I was thinking I'd just go down early tomorrow morning and get it first thing

Car park gate open at 10am in Swords. I'm losing interest in the booster. They should do home deliveries
looks like that was not correct.

we tried a trip out this morning, and gave up; traffic was mental, and no-one was letting us into the queue in the car.
we came past the front of the airport and zipped in all the way to the roundabout in front of the airport, but then at the roundabout, the queue stretched all the way back down onto the M1, and no-one was letting us johnny come latelys into the queue because they'd been queuing for 40 minutes and we could fucking well join the queue at the back if we wanted into the fucking queue (we know this because this is what we were told when i tried a friendly 'any chance of getting in?' on one motorist. will probably try again later.

keep an eye on the HSE feed - turns out we definitely wouldn't have gotten in, in swords - they closed the car park at about half eight due to sheer volume and were turning people away. there'll be killings down there. my sister got her booster a couple of weeks ago and was told by staff that there had been several instances of fisticuffs in different centres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back