Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

This has been a very comforting resource this last while. Strange, and surreal times, but then people being kind is another sustaining thing. Hope you're all doing as okay as can be.....UCD, like almost everywhere else is shut down, so we have to redesign our courses, to teach them remotely, and let's just say I wouldn't be the most tech-savvy person in the world, so we will see how I get on, broadcasting from my tiny flat haha. I go through waves of reading everything relating to the virus, and then shutting it out, I think it's the only way I can cope...

Double check what's on the wall and/or shelf behind you if you are using skype or teams.

Trust me on this.

Expecting to see a massive rise in cases this week, grimly awaiting todays briefing. I'm hoping we'll start hearing about people recovering as well though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stay at home as much as possible. Listen to the experts, ignore the morons (foreheads). We will get through this together. <a href="Arnold on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/FRg41QehuB</a></p>&mdash; Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) <a href="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
">March 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Danish Corona-Hit Firms Get State Aid to Pay 75% of Salaries

Fair deal in Denmark?

Denmark's government told private companies struggling with drastic measures to curb the spread of coronavirus that it would cover 75% of employees' salaries, if they promised not to cut staff.

Under the three-month aid period that will last until June 9, the state offers to pay 75% of employees' salaries at a maximum of 23,000 Danish crowns ($3,418) per month, while the companies pay the remaining 25%.

"If there's a big drop in activity, and production is halted, we understand the need to send home employees. But we ask you: Don't fire them," Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said told a news conference on Sunday.

Employees will be obliged to take five days of mandatory vacation or time off from work, she added.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I might have been a bit conservative. Hmm.

Rather government debts go up to pay workers than to bail out banks tbh
Agreed, although I don't agree with the govt paying full salaries or a % of full salary - it should be a fixed rate for all - just because someone is on €250,000 a year, it doesn't mean they work harder or deserve it more than their colleague on €20,000

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back