Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

@egg_
Hm. OK, so the "normal" run of events in cells is DNA is transcribed (copied) into RNA (to get used "translated" in protein creation). Reverse transcription is this in reverse, ie RNA getting transcribed to DNA.
I guess these guys are picking up another group's work which demonstrated that you can deliver SARS-COV2 RNA into humans and that RNA can be transcribed to DNA and then actually integrated into the genomic DNA (ie the original DNA of the human).
That's the real story, that's surprising. I guess I didn't know this was the case, but I'm not following covid stuff in work.
All this paper has done is extended that work such that the region they integrated that DNA back into was liver. So you end up with sars DNA in and around liver DNA. I don't know much about livers other than they are pretty active from the perspective of cell creation, and I guess if you want to have something integrated into a genome, you want it to be integrated into a part of the genome that's actively being used ("expressed").

So basically I suppose they're saying (didn't read past the abstract) is they can present covid RNA to the host (human), and they can design this RNA such that it gets integrated into genomic DNA in the region that codes for liver. The idea being that the DNA is then transcribed back into RNA, then translated to protein. At that point the body magically knows this is on the naughty protein list, and mounts an adaptive immune response to that. In effect the body is generating its own vaccine.

I think.
Covid vaccine rewrites DNA?

Covid vaccine rewrites DNA?
Yeah, I guess you could say that. Rewrite is a bit... emm, inflammatory? It can get slotted in there, in with the existing DNA (in certain scenarios? I haven't read that paper).
But you should keep in mind that stuff is getting slotted into genomic DNA all the time. Reverse transcription occurs fairly regularly, there's things called transposons that jump around in genomic DNA all the time. You genome is full of all sorts of shite, and this changes over time.

This is the paper that seems to state that. Reverse-transcribed SARS-CoV-2 RNA can integrate into the genome of cultured human cells and can be expressed in patient-derived tissues - PubMed

Don't we all* have bits of archaic viral and bacterial DNA in our genome as a result of living together for millions of years anyway? i.e. we're all one big happy genomic family that nature/happenstance/maths figured out how to make live together in this way?

* not just humans but other eukaryotes like cows and cactuses and sponges etc

Some of you are. I'd say most of you lot are just big DNA sluts tbh.

Some of us have standards though, and keep our DNA pure. My only wish would be for possessors of pure DNA like myself to have more room to live.

been a cough going around our house for 2-3 weeks. daily tests negative.
I've had one since Christmas. I should probably go to the doctor.

A new colleague started on Monday and I met him in the office. The next day he told us he'd tested positive on antigen test. I've done a few since as I feel like shit on top of cough but all negatory.

I've had one since Christmas. I should probably go to the doctor.

A new colleague started on Monday and I met him in the office. The next day he told us he'd tested positive on antigen test. I've done a few since as I feel like shit on top of cough but all negatory.

Quick 7 days off for them.

Don't we all* have bits of archaic viral and bacterial DNA in our genome as a result of living together for millions of years anyway? i.e. we're all one big happy genomic family that nature/happenstance/maths figured out how to make live together in this way?

* not just humans but other eukaryotes like cows and cactuses and sponges etc
Snaky B & The Eukaryotes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back