Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (4 Viewers)

64,000 new cases since last Thursday.

The double bank holiday inspired numbers in a week or so are going to be big,

I watched the Real Madrid-Barcelona match last night, in an open air stadium whenever they cut to crowd shots I saw lots of masked up people.

Those of you who've been to shows, is anyone in the crowd masking up? Have seen a few US bands put out statements asking their audiences to please wear masks, as they're so afraid of cancelling tours halfway through.

they'll never admit it but thats kind of what they want to happen. The hospital numbers have to be taken with a pinch of salt unless they specify how many were actually admitted due to covid, as opposed to catching it in the hospital.

The with covid or because of covid thing is a bit of a distraction though, any covid case has the same effect on the hospital in terms of needing to isolate that patient and allocate resources. Whole thing was meant to be about taking the pressure off the system, and it's going to be a nightmare again, regardless of ICU numbers.

Those of you who've been to shows, is anyone in the crowd masking up? Have seen a few US bands put out statements asking their audiences to please wear masks, as they're so afraid of cancelling tours halfway through.

I was thinking about this today actually because a friend of mine sold tickets for things coming up in the next few weeks due to the numbers and their personal circumstances. If I didn't feel safe enough to go to a gig unmasked, or were asked to mask up, I don't think I'd go. Not as a "fuck you I hate masks position" but just that if it's not safe to go without one I don't think it's worth taking the risk, just for myself.

We went to an exhibition on Saturday and popped our masks on when we went in, the helpful security guard told us they were optional, I can hardly complain about people not masking up where they aren't obliged to in a situation like that, but maybe don't remind people that they don't have to.

The with covid or because of covid thing is a bit of a distraction though, any covid case has the same effect on the hospital in terms of needing to isolate that patient and allocate resources. Whole thing was meant to be about taking the pressure off the system, and it's going to be a nightmare again, regardless of ICU numbers.
its not even nearly the same thing. If it was new admissions there would be a tidal wave which would quickly overwhelm the system. But yeah, its still tough regardless.

5 to 10% in Dublin, nobody but me in Belfast.

Wore mask on packed night bus home the other night, a few others did but a few quite belligerent at the sight of them. Deadly having some cunt roaring in your face that they're optional.

The double bank holiday inspired numbers in a week or so are going to be big,

I watched the Real Madrid-Barcelona match last night, in an open air stadium whenever they cut to crowd shots I saw lots of masked up people.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This was always going to happen. Government are fucking worse than useless

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back