Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

Has anyone been traveling around the country outside of their 5km limit? How do the checkpoints work? If you give the guards a good excuse (I have one) do they just take your word or can you get a garda letter in advance or something like that?

Has anyone been traveling around the country outside of their 5km limit? How do the checkpoints work? If you give the guards a good excuse (I have one) do they just take your word or can you get a garda letter in advance or something like that?
I go visit THE MAMMY a couple of times a week. have to go through a checkpoint on the way home most times, but usually I'm late enough that they're not actually stopping people.

Conversation usually goes like

"evening - can i ask you what the purpose of your journey is tonight?"
"I'm on the way home, I was visiting THE MAMMY - you know yourself."
"that's grand - have a good evening."

I get stopped going to work all the time and tell them I'm going to work (I'm on the essential list).
Did get a few questions the day i was going in for treatement.

A facebook friend has just posted some lovely photos of the resort he's staying at in The Maldives. He's not living in Ireland. There seems to be a groundswell of feeling here that if you go on holidays abroad you are a cunt. Other countries don't seem to agree with this.

Yes. If I need something from a shop I need to travel outside the 5km limit. I aso lean out the window of my car spitting all the while as I go to and fro.

A facebook friend has just posted some lovely photos of the resort he's staying at in The Maldives. He's not living in Ireland. There seems to be a groundswell of feeling here that if you go on holidays abroad you are a cunt. Other countries don't seem to agree with this.

Last summer I found it interesting the way that many of my UK based friends (both Brits and Irish) just went on holiday abroad while no one I know here did.

Thatd be related to Irish begrudgery .
People getting notions going
Places far less riddled with COVID.

Is it begrudgery to be annoyed that people go on holiday when you've spent spend all year socially distancing and being careful because that's the best thing to prevent the virus spreading, maybe after losing your job or even family members? It's really only an option for people who don't care because if everyone did it we'd be fucked, covid-wise.

Is it begrudgery to be annoyed that people go on holiday when you've spent spend all year socially distancing and being careful because that's the best thing to prevent the virus spreading, maybe after losing your job or even family members? It's really only an option for people who don't care because if everyone did it we'd be fucked, covid-wise.
it depends. If someone heads off to the canaries for a week, then fuck them. Pricks. However, if some old person has a holiday home down there that they've worked hard to get, then I see no issue in them going down there to do nothing for a few months, as opposed to staying here to do nothing for a few months. At least they can do nothing there in the sunshine.

it depends. If someone heads off to the canaries for a week, then fuck them. Pricks. However, if some old person has a holiday home down there that they've worked hard to get, then I see no issue in them going down there to do nothing for a few months, as opposed to staying here to do nothing for a few months. At least they can do nothing there in the sunshine.
What if they haven't worked hard and just inherited it?

I feel very sorry for people cooped up in a small space w/ OTHER PEOPLE.
but other than that isolation is no bother to me.
I never go on holiday and love it when there is no one else in the house.
being on my own is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back