Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (4 Viewers)

You just get a bit of the tentacle none of the other stuff inside the lads at the amino acid factory will figure out there the wrong parts. The issue really with it beside over complicated technical terms is how to roll it out. Even if tens of thousands of people were to receive it weekly or daily it will still take a long time before everyone is vaccinated and there will be people who won't take it no matter how it's explained they think the whole thing is a load of shite unbelievable but true.

so hey, buckle up for a grim january, sasanaigh

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wasn't sure whether to give that an Informative or a WTF.

I'm listening to a thing here on the radio about the "attainment gap", as in, kids can't learn from home, therefore schools should stay open. Especially those kids from poor families, says the po faced BBC4 dude. He said "6 months is a lifetime for a child in Essex", which I found unintentionally hilarious, though he meant in terms of the childs development. I think we all know forcing kids into school does not make them somehow magically learn. It can catch them CoVid though.

I'll do my best to follow whatever rules there are. But if they are insisting on keeping schools and things like that open, then I can't see how Na Sasanach think they'll get out of this.

Someone posted up something about medics not attempting resus, I think in LA? I think it was the always well informed @magicbastarder ... but yeah.
So I had a look and it seems like this is absolutely a thing, not only are they getting up to that, ERs are closed. ERs are no longer accepting patients, leading to ambulances queuing outside or going elsewhere.

So parts of the UK are properly fucked now, and so are parts of the US.

(I said I had problems believing that a medic won't attempt to resus. I still do. But allegedly this statement was made.)

And one thing that's 100% clear is this is going to get worse over January.

Also I just read over a couple of things I wrote here. English isn't my strong point. Jesus. Sorry

I was a bit anxious about the woolly and the suspiciously lovely hair. But I'll let it pass, because he's much more personable than me, and right.

It's honestly not that complicated though!

They pick the bit of the virus that makes is unique, the spike in this case (this is the bit of the virus that sort of join onto the human cell), and they find out what the DNA instructions are for that little thing, that protein.

Then they translate that DNA into an RNA, which is pretty much the same thing but it's in a form that the cellular machines that convert the information into actual proteins (ribosomes) can get their hands on it. The RNA is duly translated into a protein, everything going as plan, and then magically the body looks at this newly created protein and goes "nope, that's not one of ours, clearly we have some class of invasion going on here, make a note of that protein and nuke everything that looks like that".

I got that. Vaccine tells my little soldiers that pointy thing is bad. And then they have a big fight.

This took some interesting google searches, but I found it:

This is bullshit.

Red blood cells are notorious dicks, and never smile, unless they see someone really fucking up. THEN they all think that's funny, but to portray them as happy and smiling is bollocks.

Oh sorry hydromancer, I was too busy googling "That French cartoon about germs and stuff" to notice that you'd gotten there before me.

Great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ.

So parts of the UK are properly fucked now, and so are parts of the US.
it'll get like that here. we've over 8k cases in two days, looking at (rough guess) 20k in one week. that's 200 beds alone per 1% hospitalisation rate.

(btw, 3 days ago, NI had *six* free beds. i think the population is 1.9m?)

Oh sorry hydromancer, I was too busy googling "That French cartoon about germs and stuff" to notice that you'd gotten there before me.

Great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ.

I assumed you were the same person, signed in on two different accounts.

And you were both Russian.

it'll get like that here. we've over 8k cases in two days, looking at (rough guess) 20k in one week. that's 200 beds alone per 1% hospitalisation rate.

Hopefully the free market will sort it all out.

And Libertarians.

actually no. That's quite bad. How is the UK / Ireland more fucked than here??

I think per capita we're not as bad as that. Man.

massive difference between the cultures though; i remember reading something about them being in the top 5 of 'countries with respect for authority' in the world, and us at the opposite end.

though they managed it in NZ and AUS, which are similar to us.

How does one quantify "respect for authority" though? I don't look at Ireland's history of bowing to the church, the EU, and now US Tech companies; or at Fine Gael or Fianna Fail in the 21st century; and see a culture of rebellion against authority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back