Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (4 Viewers)

my understanding is the rate at which the logistics behind the samples being processed and results confirmed and communicated, has fallen well behind the rate at which the samples are being taken.
a positive swab does not necessarily translate to a new case, it may be a second swab done on a previously confirmed patient, etc.

if the numbers drop by 20% every day from today's high, we're still at over 1k by sunday (and i don't know if the backlog has been fully cleared); so that, and the lag between cases being detected and hospitalised, i can't see schools returning on the 11th.

if the numbers drop by 20% every day from today's high, we're still at over 1k by sunday (and i don't know if the backlog has been fully cleared); so that, and the lag between cases being detected and hospitalised, i can't see schools returning on the 11th.
The new years tests will add a bunch more around Thursday/Friday

If you bomb Iran, and the news doesn't hear it because it's is focused on the raging dumpster fire that is Covid, does it make a sound?

*people* i *know* in the current affairs depts are very bored of there essentially being a mono story and are ready to jump on anything else that might qualify as valuable new information.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah, this is a good explanation.

Even though it sounds similar to RNA interference it's a different mechanism. I suppose it's one of those Good Ideas evolutionarily speaking, which has evolved a couple of times.

The RNA vaccine actually gets translated, that's why it needs a 5' and 3' UTR etc, and THEN the host picks up the protein as foreign and can mount an adaptive immune response.

For RNAi the RNA is just magically recognized as exogeneous, and flagged as such without needing that translation to protein step.

*people* i *know* in the current affairs depts are very bored of there essentially being a mono story and are ready to jump on anything else that might qualify as valuable new information.

Oh yeah? That's good. I mean, I don't know media very well. If I wanted to bury a story, I'd use the tried and tested Trumpian tactic of creating another story to distract.

In effect this shit-show is one unending bigger story, meaning pricks can be doing all kinds of shit and having it forgotten by the next news cycle, if even that.

yeah, this is a good explanation.

Even though it sounds similar to RNA interference it's a different mechanism. I suppose it's one of those Good Ideas evolutionarily speaking, which has evolved a couple of times.

The RNA vaccine actually gets translated, that's why it needs a 5' and 3' UTR etc, and THEN the host picks up the protein as foreign and can mount an adaptive immune response.

For RNAi the RNA is just magically recognized as exogeneous, and flagged as such without needing that translation to protein step.

If you say so.

I did kind of just about get my head around what he was saying. I just couldn't get over the fact that he kept his earbuds in. That would be a sackable offence in my job. If I had a job. And the people he's trying to shame into getting a vaccination are just going to look at him and think "prick".

If you say so.

I did kind of just about get my head around what he was saying. I just couldn't get over the fact that he kept his earbuds in. That would be a sackable offence in my job. If I had a job. And the people he's trying to shame into getting a vaccination are just going to look at him and think "prick".

I was a bit anxious about the woolly and the suspiciously lovely hair. But I'll let it pass, because he's much more personable than me, and right.

It's honestly not that complicated though!

They pick the bit of the virus that makes is unique, the spike in this case (this is the bit of the virus that sort of join onto the human cell), and they find out what the DNA instructions are for that little thing, that protein.

Then they translate that DNA into an RNA, which is pretty much the same thing but it's in a form that the cellular machines that convert the information into actual proteins (ribosomes) can get their hands on it. The RNA is duly translated into a protein, everything going as plan, and then magically the body looks at this newly created protein and goes "nope, that's not one of ours, clearly we have some class of invasion going on here, make a note of that protein and nuke everything that looks like that".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back