Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Certainly in some cases (eg my sister) they don't want you even coming to them, they want you to stay in place and them to come to you to prevent you traveling.

Which, is good. But is also going to put even more pressure on those who test.

We still DGAF in the US on the other hand.

I think probably a wise thing to do would be to completely stop any travel between the US and Ireland for the next 2 years. Anyone that has even been in the US for one day in the last month isn't allowed into Ireland for at least 2 years from now. It's the only way to be sure.

How about, if, instead of that, we, say, reopen all the shops in the country at the same time 3 weeks before Christmas?
New lockdown imminent, looking forward to whichever government cronie they get on the six one giving this quote almost verbatim "There's just no way anybody could have foreseen the level of infection increasing this rapidly over the Christmas period"

I'm pretty sure I'm not going home for Christmas this year. Coming out of lockdown for Christmas when daily cases are still in the hundreds is massively irresponsible and guaranteeing a 'third wave' in January or February. It seems that our response to the virus is simply "Can we keep getting it more wrong as we go along? Okay, let's do it then."
Totally unforseeable

Did not expect this

I thought it was absolutely bound to happen, once they ignored the NPHET advice in early December.

The previous argument had always been schools won't spread covid-19 as long as we keep community transmission down, i.e. there's no infection getting into the schools to be spread around.

I also don't believe it will be Jan 11. They're citing some bollox about giving the schools extra time for a deep clean, but they've been empty for two weeks, a deep clean will achieve literally nothing. Until community transmission is massively down, the schools won't be safe to open. Doesn't mean they won't try and open, the decision making is wilfully blind to the science at this stage, but it just won't be safe.

What's so galling, is that it just didn't have to be this way. Retail hasn't been spreading the disease, so they should have left it open during the lockdown. It was *always* close transmission in households, and SAVING CHRISTMAS and disregaring the NPHET advice was tantamount to criminal negligence in my book.

I thought it was absolutely bound to happen, once they ignored the NPHET advice in early December.

The previous argument had always been schools won't spread covid-19 as long as we keep community transmission down, i.e. there's no infection getting into the schools to be spread around.

I also don't believe it will be Jan 11. They're citing some bollox about giving the schools extra time for a deep clean, but they've been empty for two weeks, a deep clean will achieve literally nothing. Until community transmission is massively down, the schools won't be safe to open. Doesn't mean they won't try and open, the decision making is wilfully blind to the science at this stage, but it just won't be safe.

What's so galling, is that it just didn't have to be this way. Retail hasn't been spreading the disease, so they should have left it open during the lockdown. It was *always* close transmission in households, and SAVING CHRISTMAS and disregaring the NPHET advice was tantamount to criminal negligence in my book.
The only thing I'd add to this is that there 100% is transmission in schools too, and basically the community and schools transmission are 100% driving each other.

i've always been suspicious of this argument. it somehow removes schools from 'the community' and even with lower transmission rates between kids, still means you'll collecting several dozen people, all from different households, in a room together for hours on end.

on another topic, i was talking to a garda earlier who was saying a colleague of hers had shared a car with another colleague who tested positive, for a full extended shift. and was then told he was a casual contact, not a close contact. she reckoned it was because if they regarded them as close contacts, every garda testing positive would probably knock half a dozen off duty instantly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm sorry... what?

Am I understanding this correctly? In LA they're saying if your heart stops, and the medics are called, they no longer resuscitate people? The just rock in, check the pulse, yup didn't spontaneously restart, looks dead, and call it?

That's... yeah, I still don't get it. I am not sure I believe that. A field medic is going to attempt to resus. Any passing nurse would attempt. This is the shit you get taught when you take first aid training. I would attempt to resuscitate FFS. There's no way a medic is going to not try.

I don't get it. If that's true that's insane. That's very bad.

What flashback said. You don't not attempt to resusitate people. That's ingrained if that's your job.

I don't quite that womans jabby finger thing she has going on. Maybe it's because she's from LA, but I'm getting a whiff of bullshittery off her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back