Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

Exactly. There was a sense with the previous government that there was a coherent strategy being followed. Now it seems reactive and inconsistent. Just because they are not "random" does not mean they are well considered. Open disagreements surfacing within the cabinet does not bode well.

Exactly. There was a sense with the previous government that there was a coherent strategy being followed. Now it seems reactive and inconsistent. Just because they are not "random" does not mean they are well considered. Open disagreements surfacing within the cabinet does not bode well.

I dunno,
I think we are Only now seeing the fall-out from ambiguous And poor government guidelines from months ago

The well considered part of the previous government's decisions began to fall apart when they introduced the "go anywhere in your own county or no more than 20 miles outside it" thing. Things seemed to make sense up to that point.

Here's the thing - they're not random. Every single restriction is most likely the result of a whole lot of analysis and debate and trying to balance physical and mental health risks against public pressure and economics. Just because you don't know the ins and outs doesn't mean this shit is random

OK not random then.
but the government need to explain why they made the decisions to the public.
i like explanations.

this doesn't affect me much regardless.

nobody should be going on holiday at the moment if things are so bad ?

Not claiming the previous approach was perfect but it seemed a lot more coherent. Let me say "better considered" then. Senior Government minister (Ryan) now saying there are contradictions in what was announced yesterday.

I take the point about "reactive" @hermie - of course they have to react to what's happening but also need to anticipate what is likely to happen so you are not just reacting all the time. This is a lot harder when "opening up" than it is when "locking down" I suppose.

Not claiming the previous approach was perfect but it seemed a lot more coherent. Let me say "better considered" then. Senior Government minister (Ryan) now saying there are contradictions in what was announced yesterday.

I take the point about "reactive" @hermie - of course they have to react to what's happening but also need to anticipate what is likely to happen so you are not just reacting all the time. This is a lot harder when "opening up" than it is when "locking down" I suppose.
The last bit is sort of my point. It has been easier up to now. There's also an element of shooting the messenger. Cases are going up they mustn't be handling it so well. But I think some outbreaks are inevitable. Not that I'm saying they're doing a bang up job either mind.

It's pretty obvious that the new measures are aimed at keeping FFGG voters happy, which is the family with kids in school demographic, the mass-going catholic pensioner demographic, and apparently the meat plant owner direct provision centre owner demographic.

The mass gatherings measures will impact on working-class and younger adults far more than they will on families with kids (Let the cops go in the arrest people at house parties, but don't stop kids going to school in classrooms of 30+), at least until all the families with kids start getting the virus because their kids went to school and brought it back home with them.
Also getting married is fine and going to mass is fine, just keep voting FFGG if you're doing it thanks. What am I even saying, the only people that still go to mass basically all vote FFGG regardless.

They're not even reacting to the recent outbreaks though. It's like they've looked at the outbreaks and said we must do something, then looked at their lobbyists and said shit we can't do anything that'll affect the profits of their employers so we'll do something else instead. Just to be seen to be doing something.

They're not even reacting to the recent outbreaks though. It's like they've looked at the outbreaks and said we must do something, then looked at their lobbyists and said shit we can't do anything that'll affect the profits of their employers so we'll do something else instead. Just to be seen to be doing something.
Which guidelines don't you agree with and/or what else should they have done?

Trying to think out a plan for xmas here.

what my family love is to put 40 people in one room to eat for 10 hours straight.

Obvs that is an awful idea.

Kinda thinking a month long mini fest of 4-5's having a little thing together so everyone can say they saw everyone at xmas.

Open to having the unseen flaws in this exposed - diplomatic mission will have to start soon anywhoooo

Which guidelines don't you agree with and/or what else should they have done?

They could do something about the factories where people are getting infected maybe even give the workers some rights like the rest of us. Same for direct provision and anywhere else people are denied basic rights. Allowing mass, weddings and schools to reopen but banning more than six people indoors and 15 outdoors makes no sense when outdoor transmission is tiny. Giving the cops power to enter your home without a warrant is a huge issue too. How the hell does that help anyone?

They could do something about the factories where people are getting infected maybe even give the workers some rights like the rest of us. Same for direct provision and anywhere else people are denied basic rights. Allowing mass, weddings and schools to reopen but banning more than six people indoors and 15 outdoors makes no sense when outdoor transmission is tiny. Giving the cops power to enter your home without a warrant is a huge issue too. How the hell does that help anyone?
Yeah actually 100% to all of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back