Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (3 Viewers)

And its understandable there would be some chaos or confusion at the start.

Youd like to think theyd be getting the hang of communicating to the public at this stage. But then politicians seem to excel at pulling the wool over the publics eyes and not telling them whats actually happening

Let’s not forget that our current Minister for health is an opportunistic shallow lightweight that is now wildly out of his depth. This, after all, is the man who made his name calling out Fianna Fáil cronyism and corruption and then, when he failed to get elected, joined Fianna Fáil.

And maybe also because the previous Gov were in an interim situation. They had already been effectively voted out and were well prepared to enter a period of opposition. A lot easier to make potentially politically unpalatable decisions in that context.

Yeah was thinking something like this yesterday. Varadkar's golden era was the era where he was breifly out of the election cycle.

I think that was down to the last government just following Dr. Holohan's advice and public health guidelines. Kept It simple by doing what Was proposed.

This New government aren't interested what the CMO rep has said

they're as useless as each other. The last shower had the advantage of being there when most of the rest of the world was already in lockdown. It didn't meet much resistance because of that, and because we hadn't already endured a few harsh months of shite. They also had the bag of money to give people who were laid off.

I have little doubt they'd make as big a bollox of things that the FF cretins are. They just might be a bit better at trying to hide it.

how did we end up with such a shower of useless cunts?

why are shinners so quiet on it all of a sudden?

Let’s not forget that our current Minister for health is an opportunistic shallow lightweight that is now wildly out of his depth. This, after all, is the man who made his name calling out Fianna Fáil cronyism and corruption and then, when he failed to get elected, joined Fianna Fáil.
Could be wrong but don't think he ever lost his seat. He was Independent, helped set up the Social Democrats, fell out with them, then was an Independent again before joining FF. I don't particularly like him but prefer to Leo who let's not forget was an atrocious Minister for Health not to mention a right-wing neocon.

Could be wrong but don't think he ever lost his seat. He was Independent, helped set up the Social Democrats, fell out with them, then was an Independent again before joining FF. I don't particularly like him but prefer to Leo who let's not forget was an atrocious Minister for Health not to mention a right-wing neocon.

I think Donnelly is as much a right-wing neocon as Varadkar. You could be right about the seat thing but I stand by the sheer hypocrisy involved in his joining FF.

This is only the shallowest defense of Varadkar but before Harris the last person with that portfolio to come out with their reputation enhanced was probably Haughey. It's been the kiss of death for decades. Perhaps Leo deserves more stick because he was actually a doctor, but I suppose Reilly was too.

This is only the shallowest defense of Varadkar but before Harris the last person with that portfolio to come out with their reputation enhanced was probably Haughey. It's been the kiss of death for decades. Perhaps Leo deserves more stick because he was actually a doctor, but I suppose Reilly was too.
I think Leo deserves special attention as the one who slashed spending on mental health while having the gall to say the money was better spent elsewhere. As to Donnelly I think it's refreshing to have a minister for health who's in favour of liberalising drug laws, is in favour of supervised injection centres and the like. As you say Harris was the exception to the rule - he's about the one FGer it's okay to like - I think Donnelly is sort of similar with regard to FF in terms of his politics but just nowhere near as likeable.

I'm just reeling, it's impossible to keep up with the appalling disregard for decency of the Irish government. The greens should pull the plug right now.

When even Bosco has to come out scolding them on twitter....

Never more doomed.

he obviously wasn't as keen on a ministership as he seemed to suggest when the toys came out of the pram when the cabinet was first announced.
could be heading for a third ag minister in as many months (but i reckon he'll weather this one)

Yeah looks like fuck all will be done about this, they're well circling the wagons on it straight away. Phil Hogan must be most at risk cause people are starting to ask about quarantining coming back from Brussels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back