Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

the weddings part is one that doesn't really bother me. weddings are rare enough, they're usually held in premises which should have decent facilities for hand sanitisation, etc., and changing the rules has the potential to cause people to lose quite a bit of money. it's not a case that the same 50 people will be meeting like that week after week.

But the wedding thing isn't new is it? I more object to the spin that all the guidelines were great up until now but they're now a complete mess. If I read "Bring back Leo" one more time I might scream. He's the bleedin Tánaiste!

Trying to think out a plan for xmas here.

what my family love is to put 40 people in one room to eat for 10 hours straight.

Obvs that is an awful idea.

Kinda thinking a month long mini fest of 4-5's having a little thing together so everyone can say they saw everyone at xmas.

Open to having the unseen flaws in this exposed - diplomatic mission will have to start soon anywhoooo

40 people for Christmas dinner? Do you live in Downton Abbey??

I just want people to stop giving about what they can/can't do and remember why.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

but, like, you can't have 120 at a gah or rugby match

but people who like the gah or the rugby should just stop giving out

THe GAA is a tough one, as is mass.
Obvs in urban centres music/cinema/clubbing is key, in the sticks most towns are actually the GAA pitch, pub, undertaker and church format with a petrol station. Add in any kind of geographical limit to that and the society is fucked altogether.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

but, like, you can't have 120 at a gah or rugby match

but people who like the gah or the rugby should just stop giving out

Did they say that last night? Or are they backtracking already?

With the schools notionally opening next week my sister, who lives a few hours from them, has been saying to my parents that she and the kids will next see them at half term. She's been very sensible in her behaviour and I've been thinking that maybe if possible she might be better off trying to get up for a couple of days next week and only penciling half term in as a maybe. Don't much like the idea of my folks being exposed to the risk of the kids having picked it up from school and not having the time in the holidays to wait and see anything develops before they visit.

YEah the start was a bit of chaos and then there was the 5 stage lockdown lifting plan - that was clear enough and people could work with it. Any kind of clarity for the first term to xmas plans and contingencies is what we need.

And its understandable there would be some chaos or confusion at the start.

Youd like to think theyd be getting the hang of communicating to the public at this stage. But then politicians seem to excel at pulling the wool over the publics eyes and not telling them whats actually happening

Not claiming the previous approach was perfect but it seemed a lot more coherent. Let me say "better considered" then. Senior Government minister (Ryan) now saying there are contradictions in what was announced yesterday.

I think that was down to the last government just following Dr. Holohan's advice and public health guidelines. Kept It simple by doing what Was proposed.

This New government aren't interested what the CMO rep has said

I think that was down to the last government just following Dr. Holohan's advice and public health guidelines. Kept It simple by doing what Was proposed.

And maybe also because the previous Gov were in an interim situation. They had already been effectively voted out and were well prepared to enter a period of opposition. A lot easier to make potentially politically unpalatable decisions in that context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back