Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

Yeah! You better come out of this with the next War and Peace you worthless fucking worms!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fuck that and fuck that guy. I’m doing exactly the same job from a different location and it’s taking longer than usual to get anything done because nobody can be in the same room, while we’re also trying to educate/entertain two kids. Where the fuck would I find time to do *more*?

Regardless, even the laziest of us are emerging with a whole lot more knowledge about what lockdowns feel like so it's grand.

Fuck that and fuck that guy. I’m doing exactly the same job from a different location and it’s taking longer than usual to get anything done because nobody can be in the same room, while we’re also trying to educate/entertain two kids. Where the fuck would I find time to do *more*?

Some of us are out at jobs working our bollox off in fear of losing them, the presumptuous privileged piece of piss

Yeah! You better come out of this with the next War and Peace you worthless fucking worms!

Thats an interesting one alright - I hadn't looked at the author in any detail before (and couldn't be bothered tbh). There was a good* twitter thread one day looking at 'greats' from the past - who were almost 100% white males creating great works and all that and how essentially nobody was taking into account that a lot of these people rolled out of bed in the morning to breakfast, lunch and dinner made by someone else, along with all the housework done by low wage women and usually some negligence of parental duties thrown into the mix. Anyone who manages to write a novel or whatever now without neglecting the day to day isn't going to change their workflow significantly because they've already worked out how to build it into their lives. @pete looks to be in the same predicament as my sibling - them and their partner are essentially swapping who neglects work at what time to watch the kid (who i now refer to as the CEO). If you are really lucky and can afford it you can trade off with your partner for a few hours a week on your own to look at a side hussle.

ON THE OTHER hand - those who no longer have a work (clearly at least two of my neighbours) are unearthing that a lot of men don't really have hobbies that arent maintenance of some kind. Maybe that is healthy, I dont know. But some of these lads are mowing the lawn more than once a week. I was out of work involunarily for long enough in the past to have a stock of hobbies I can switch to. I'm glad people are learning to bake and make stuff 100% though apart from the lad down the road who painted his house the same as ours so my failsafe 'directions' for couriers are now worthless confusion.

*ok it was on twitter and it was aimed squarely at men which is probably what made it popular enough for me to see it.

Why the fuck would anyone want a "side hustle" you total freak. My side hustle is sitting in the sun (or, more likely in front of a radiator) listening to records.

Great long interview from yesterday with William Hanage, the epidemiologist who was very loud in calling out the UK government about their initial strategy of herd-immunity. Covers the possibility of a vaccine, timeframes, mutations etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back