Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

e.g. Fine Gael suddenly deciding to use private hospitals to help fight COVID-19.

This was an easy decision for Vradkar to make for his rich buddies;

Private hospitals (like the Beacon owned by D O’B) are getting paid by the HSE a staggering €44,000 per bed per month.

This equates to €1,467 per bed per day.
The NHS are paying £300 per bed per day. (€340)

Vradkar is ensuring his big-walleted pals are getting a nice big pay out over FOUR (4.3!) times that of our neighbouring country

Very Easy decision for him.
In fact I’d say it was made happily in haste

This was an easy decision for Vradkar to make for his rich buddies;

Private hospitals (like the Beacon owned by D O’B) are getting paid by the HSE a staggering €44,000 per bed per month.

Vradkar is ensuring his big-walleted pals are getting a nice big pay out over FOUR (4.3!) times that of our neighbouring country

Very Easy decision for him.
In fact I’d say it was made happily in haste
I take your point, but which buddies specifically are we talking about here? Do we know he was scratching someone's back here or are we just assuming? I have no love for Fine Gael or a private health system even existing in Ireland, but I still think it was a decent decision, in America they'd just let people die. Also are we paying to keep these beds empty? Last I heard we hadn't even started using them yet.

have you seen how much the insurance companies pay for certain treatments?
my dad had stents put in a couple of years ago and the bill came to about €15k; he queried it (even though the insurance was paying) but was basically told 'this is just the way it is'.

I take your point, but which buddies specifically are we talking about here? Do we know he was scratching someone's back here or are we just assuming? I have no love for Fine Gael or a private health system even existing in Ireland, but I still think it was a decent decision, in America they'd just let people die. Also are we paying to keep these beds empty? Last I heard we hadn't even started using them yet

The alternative isn’t not paying them, it’s paying them substantially less

I agree with @Lili Marlene. I very much doubt your ultra-cynical take on this reflects reality.

It’s hardly ultra cynical.
We are overpaying and someone is making money out of it, with help from someone in power.
It’s always how it had gone in this country and especially with that political party.
Make no mistake about that.

You can call me ‘ultra cynical’ all you want but it’s only fair if you take the ‘unbelievably naive’ badge in return

have you seen how much the insurance companies pay for certain treatments?
my dad had stents put in a couple of years ago and the bill came to about €15k; he queried it (even though the insurance was paying) but was basically told 'this is just the way it is'.

Yeah it’s a cash thirsty extortionate industry

They probably weren't in much a position to negotiate a better deal even if they wanted to. Surely the real problem here is the fact that we have a two-tier health system in the first place.

They probably weren't in much a position to negotiate a better deal even if they wanted to. Surely the real problem here is the fact that we have a two-tier health system in the first place.

IF that were the case, you can be rest-assured it’s like that because the government happily let them write in that clause

Just back from my first covid "funeral." That is to say that all the neighbours went to the top of the road and waited for the hearse and family cars to go to the house and then back out again.

Everyone was careful about the social distancing and it was nice to see people again and chat to them but it felt really weird being in a crowd, even though it was small, maybe 30 people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back