Coolies at war? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 7
a lot of people don't really need them.. seriously when did you last need the police?
(i refer you back to my previous post)

weeler said:
a lot of people don't really need them.. seriously when did you last need the police?
(i refer you back to my previous post)
....to stop those damn Joyriders!

Women need them too to protect them from their Wife-beating husbands...horrible world.:(

From personal experience cops have done little but hassle me and my mates, yeah so some cops seem sound at times but we live in a (supposedly) free country and the choice to be or not to be a cop is theirs. Why would someone choose to be a cop unless they want the power, or they believe in the laws they're payed to uphold. From my own personal experience there's lots of cops who drink drive, take/sell drugs, decide who to arrest/not arrest someone for the same crimes because who they or their parents are. So that leads me to believe they have little respect for law themselves, so to me it looks they want the power. But hey, it could be they don't like the law but do like the job security, overtime and pension which is a pretty sad excuse I reckon.

Take the situation in Letterkenny/Donegal over the last few years; a couple of cops up to no good for their own gain/advancement and none of the other cops did anything 'til someone got killed (word on the street has it that cops were involved in this too) that makes all the cops who did nothing (that would be most of the cops in Donegal) complicit. I doubt this is an isolated situation, just the example I know best, which leads me to believe that all cops = bad.

Right, hope that makes some sort of sense. I'm not very good at this writing thing. Feel free to correct me.

For the record I try to avoid confrontation with cops for the most part.

i will agree that their incredibly slow and reluctant to actually do their job but they were helpful to us one night in baltinglass when a whole bunch of scumbags started tearin up the venue we were clearin out after a gig. we called the cops and they took a long time to show up but when they did, the scumbags scattered and the place could be safely locked up.

i dont think that being a cop invariably means being a dickhead.

Sprinkles said:
i dont think that being a cop invariably means being a dickhead.
Do you even read what everyone else has written or do you look at the name of the forum and just assume that "punk and hardcore" means ppl are mindlessly calling the cops "dickheads", it's far more complex than your naive closing statement.

Okay, situations where cops are helpful: the vast majority seems to be saving you from scumbags and mentalists.

Why do scumbags exist? Because of inequal property relations, no future, shit family background, etc. Why do these things exist? Because for capitalist industrial society to exist, equality cannot. For there to be somebody at the top, there must be somebody at the bottom. If everyone was equally educated, loved, and respected, the factories of the world would empty overnight, there'd be nobody to flip the burgers in McDo's, etc.

For this world to exist, cops and the right of the State as the only legitimate holder of power has to exist. The existence of this creates a need for cops -e.g., to protect the property and power of the rich and privileged. This in turn creates what the cops are there to supposedly protect you from -crime, violence, etc. But do they? No, they turn up after the beating, the rape, the robbery. How do they fix it? Put the fuckers in jail -problem solved? Yeah fuckin right.

What I say is that to protect yourself from these things, first of all learn to fight. Sceondly, well it's likely that you're going to have to at some point rely on the cops to protect you from the situations that are created by the existence of them and their system, so there's nothing you can do about that other than just accept it.

But in the end of the day, the cops take away from you FAR more than they can ever "protect" you from.

Corm said:
How do they fix it? Put the fuckers in jail -problem solved? Yeah fuckin right.
Corm raises good points, especially about how our CJ-system is based on punishment rather than rehabilitation (plz dont bullshit me about how some ppl are) or tackling the social/economic climate that leads people to commit "crimes"/lash out at a world that only ever kicked them off their feet.

all im saying is that if you dont need the cops now, there will be at least one time in the 70 odd years you spend on this earth that you will need them.

Also, i fully agree that loads of cops are assholes. but there also sound ones.

the view that all cops contribute to the fact that we've capitalist society is bullshit. if you take that view, then almost everyone who has any kind of job is contributing to capitalist society. i work on the assembly line for Apple Computers - in essence i'm making money for the rich and privelaged. but i've got debts to pay and have to have money to live. Does that make me capitalist scum?

Alan Remorse said:
the view that all cops contribute to the fact that we've capitalist society is bullshit. if you take that view, then almost everyone who has any kind of job is contributing to capitalist society. i work on the assembly line for Apple Computers - in essence i'm making money for the rich and privelaged. but i've got debts to pay and have to have money to live. Does that make me capitalist scum?
But of course.

alan you've missed the point, you work on an assembly line - it's not your job to uphold and defend capitalism. It is theirs.

weeler said:
alan you've missed the point, you work on an assembly line - it's not your job to uphold and defend capitalism. It is theirs.
good point. but i still think that there is a serious lack of realism in a lot of the arguments in this thread.

when i was making that reference, i was saying it in relation to the decent cops who are only doing a job, not the dodgy ones who abuse their power.

my only argument in this is that all cops are not automatically assholes

Alan Remorse said:
good point. but i still think that there is a serious lack of realism in a lot of the arguments in this thread.

There is a serious lack of realism on most threads here!!!On most of the net in fact!!!!
The internet is actually another source contribute to the expansion of the Capitalist system!!!!

Alan Remorse said:
i work on the assembly line for Apple Computers - in essence i'm making money for the rich and privelaged. but i've got debts to pay and have to have money to live. Does that make me capitalist scum?
Any jobs going there Alan?
I want to move to Cork or anywhere thats not Limerick really.....:eek:

Rimbaud said:
Any jobs going there Alan?
I want to move to Cork or anywhere thats not Limerick really.....:eek:
unfortunately they just laid off 180 people! i was one of four temporary workers to be kept on, i have no idea why they kept me.

you wouldnt wanna work here, good money but shite work..

hello everyone. heard there was loadsa fun on this aul site regarding us, just thought id drop in and see what the craic was.
now for the rant that is synonymous with my name... im just reacting here, as i read along so if its an out of date comment, i do apologise.
-ok, fnmrule was not in anyway happy about the boys getting arrested. she was angry at the argument that proceeded afterwards. sprinkles, yer a semi genius for getting that much out of that tangled mess...
-the argument on one side was that, yes it was their fault for getting arrested, and on the other that this is irrelevant and that the lads shuda been able to do what they want, and everyone shuda supported that, everyone being their friends etc.
-lol, fnmrule did not stab at ppl from kilcoole, just complained about those that are apathetic and that make her angry.
-eoin made the comment about a different set of pigs altogether, didnt he?
-no one sed anyone was a pig lover. there was just anger that some ppl sed the lads deserved what they got...
-its not that pigs are assholes, i mean, some bus drivers are assholes but i dont despise the fact that thats how they make a living. becoming a pig u have to make a concious decision to, well, im sure the rest has been sed...
-no one was suprised that the lads got taken away, well, darren anyhow, what was suprising was how not everyone tried to get them bak out and argue with the pigs, and didnt bak up those that beleived they oughta stay put
-its not that pigs score personal shit and abuse their power, its that they took the job that allowed them battons and the power of arrest, that pig haters are pissed at. its not personal, its symbolic... "imagine being a professional joykill?"- become a baker...?
-"we shouldnt give the police the satisfaction of saying how high when they say jump!" it wud be nice if everyone saw it like that, i think thats what the argument was about, that ppl hu do see it like that get annoyed with those that dont, was apart of it aswell...
-"eh... im pretty sure stopping kids from knacker drinking isnt quite on the same level as bombing hiroshima" didnt cormac make that point more or less straight after? and as for the kids knacker drinking... we were in our estate and some fuckers came along from another part of the godamn country and told us what to do, a few meters from my gaff, so fuk that.
-hahaha, yeah, no one said pigs are sound and meant it, eoin sed it to piss t off, but he was talking about the community gaurd and not the arresting and abusive officers from earlier that day. our community officer is such a joke hes not allowed out of his yarris and so he drove around the front green for the night awaiting the back up he had called, upon arrival the yarris had to drive around the path looking for a curb low enough to descend from, without damaging the undercarriage. hilarious! but i think dara was just refering to fnmrule with the kilcoole haters, and maybe a little of that intimidation thread, but really, its not true, in the same way she wasnt happy about ppl getting arrested...
-"over a grand a week seems like one reason!" i thought u were on the pigs side?
-"the way they go round looking like ouget sound where do they get off!" i only wish, and sure, yer just jealous we dont all look like u (but really its cuz we cant grow beards...)
-"show up after the fact and take some details." i'll second that. so many times i have seen fights and watched the pigs in a car across the road, wait till its all over, then come along and ask questions when everyone else has broke it up. i heard of one guy in arklow that was bet to paralysis with a golf club as he tried to hide under a fukin car after he tried to seperate another fight. cctv showed pigs in a car watching from a distance before intervening and the guy got lotsa money. id rather be able to walk tho. altho when the arresting officer asked me and t what wud we want him to do if he came across us andwe were getting bet, we told him to step in, as a person, and not to arrest someone, he laffed and drove off with our friends.
-"Does that make me capitalist scum?" no, but u do contribute, just like everyone else, and so do all pigs, but on a higher level than consumers, whether or not they are assholes, they still do this.

we didnt put up that "stay out of punx" sign only to have two coolies posting consecutively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back