Coolies at war? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 7
weeler said:
Do you even read what everyone else has written or do you look at the name of the forum and just assume that "punk and hardcore" means ppl are mindlessly calling the cops "dickheads", .
my final sentence was in response to shorty's post that commented on mine on the previous page.

weeler said:
it's far more complex than your naive closing statement
i think naivity is thinking that every cop is an asshole.

So what if I was a nice guy 300 days of the year, did positive things to try and help people, and then on the other 65 days of the year beat people up for protesting, arrested and testified against someone with no money who's robbed from a shop that makes loads of money because they were hungry, and basically done ANYTHING I'm told to by my "superior" officer just cos they tell me to, etc...does being nice most of the time cancel out that I'm perfectly willing to do all that shit at the drop of a hat? Cos that's exactly the way it is. Never seen a cop go from "easy-going buddy" to bullying thug in about 2 seconds? I have, over and over, and I'm sure I will again. It all comes down to that you can't trust these people. They're paid to tell you what to do. There's no way, NO way that being a cop can "just be a job". Humans aren't capable of having power like that. They just aren't, they abuse it and fuck it up. It's a fact.

The police exist to protect the power of those who control society and decide what's good for you. How do they ensure that people can't seize power when they feel like it!? Whether it's a husband beating his wife, a teacher abusing their power over children, a boss using his influence to force someone under them to grant them sexual favours or just in general bossing them around, a parent over a child, whatever. The cops can't do anything about that; the cops ARE that, the physical embodiment of it -that's why they're intrinsically wrong. They are a product of and instrument of total control. Cops = power. Power = abuse.

This whole thread gets me thinking that a few different topics are being discussed, and from different points of few also - so theres gonna be no winner.

Can we all agree on that?

Hey, i come from what Dublin people would call "the sticks" - i`ve had cops hassle me when i was younger over my looks(as un-extreme as they are), the stoned look, or the extreme manic behaviour when being out of control on certain occasions(don`t ask) - i did`nt appreciate the attention..fuck em was my point of view.
But i`ve also seen em help out at times when extreme situations called for some "assistance"...but this is`nt the place to go into that..(the fucking internet!!)

I can see where the lads are coming from with the Anarchist way of thinking which deserves respect and big-time consideration - Nicholas Walter(i don`t know if any of you know his writings) plainly got the whole ethics across.

But i think we can all agree that the "system" and police "force" being half full of pricks is pretty true.But alot of the people i work with are evil assholes - alot of the people walking the streets are fuckin assholes!

I could probably write forever - but...i won`t since no one has even given me a hint as to HOW the hell i should handle Joyriders!!!!My neighbourhood is half terrorised by these cunts - all ye spent 5 pages talking about how useless the cops are(which in this case is DEAD FUCKING TRUE) but no one has a solution with how to deal with pricks that fuck over my neighbourhood!!!
I`m half scared my 7 year old sister is going to get killed on the road by these cunts - the cops try at times to catch them(waste of time) - what solution do ye have?I won`t be surprised if ye have none - reality is a far way from this place at times.

Stopped for Knacker-drinking - who gives a fuck....

it seems to me that the sympathisers keep bringing up that the individual personality of any given pig ought to be concidered, but to the anarchist POV this is failry irrelevant. its a redundant argument. it is in the same respect as what corm brought up earlier, you wouldnt ever concider the individual personality of a gas chamber attendant (?) in auschwitz, wud u? and the argument that follows here, that the pigs arent as extreme as gassing people, well, once again this is made redundant by the fact that to the anarchist POV, it may be less extreme in the immediate sense, however, in the long term what the pigs embody is just as deplorable...

Sprinkles said:
i think naivity is thinking that every cop is an asshole.
I explained quite clearly that on a personal level anyone can be sound, even a cop. Nobody is saying EVERY COP is an asshole, we are saying however that cops are assholes :D .

To me, there's a difference.

weeler said:
we are saying however that cops are assholes :D
Oh yeah? What about his guy?

gardamansmall.jpg

stephenoblunt said:
Oh yeah? What about his guy?

gardamansmall.jpg
What about THIS guy.

Attachments

• ahlachend[1].jpg
    ahlachend[1].jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 21
Rimbaud said:
what solution do ye have?I won`t be surprised if ye have none - reality is a far way from this place at times.

road spikes.

community agree that after a certain hour or curfew road spikes are placed down.
sure you cant drive out but you know... life aint perfect!

community take turns in lifting the spikes for passers by or neighbours.

but im guessing too much effort.. :rolleyes:

if the filth really won't do anything about it why not start photographing these guys, and publicly name/shame them, tell their ma's.

Sprinkles said:
...explain to me how that's not a paradox.

Eh? :confused: Read what weeler says.

Singular/Plural
Specific/General
Small/Far Away :p

If you look at what I said, I had quation marks around it. I was quoting Corm and asking if that is what you thought was a "an incredibly general statement" ?

I kind of agreed and put in the Lord Acton quote to clarify. Do you think that quote is naive?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Pigs is pigs is pigs. I think Corm has posted far more eloquently the same opinion that I would have on the fuzz, their job is to protect property and exert social contol, a side product of this is that they 'solve' crime.

If you look at what I said, I had quation marks around it. I was quoting Corm and asking if that is what you thought was a "an incredibly general statement" ?

I kind of agreed and put in the Lord Acton quote to clarify. Do you think that quote is naive?
yeah i understood what you were sayin (re: the quote)
the quote wasnt naive. but the quote says that power tends to corrupt. i agree with the statement but cops dont have absolute power. what im trying to say is that there are some exeptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back