Coolies at war? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 7
If I was a cop, I'd split heads. any shit = baton in the face.

black.jpg

Cops....all you have do think about is the mentality of someone beleiving that they are better than everyone else....because at the end of the day someone who feels they can tell society what do MUST believe that. My sister's boyfriend is a cop and yeah, on face value he's a nice guy.....but I have no respect for his decision to be a garda. And as weeler says these nice guys represent a disgusting intstitution.

To be fair, me and Eoin were not talking about the pigs being sound full stop. The point was that they weren't being as dickheaded as usual, in future we'll make sure when discussing such hot subjects to tip toe around them in case people who love exploding at these things catch a whiff of something unsavoury.

Defending what you've said can be so shit when you have a group of friends barking at you, I felt sorry for Eoin in all this.

Punk for it isn't full of Kilcoole haters and Darragh is a cop on Tuesday's.

avernus said:
If I was a cop, I'd split heads. any shit = baton in the face.

Yeah, me too, and probably anyone else, that's why they're dickheads...or more precisely why becoming a cop invariably = becoming a dickhead.

mc moley said:
i personally cant understand why anyone would want to be one
mmmm over a grand a week seems like one reason!
we had some people talk to our law class about it. of course theres ass holes out there, and there is a very dirty and dodgy side to it, but at the end of the day there are some decent ones that just see it as a job. ive come across "sound" and "asshole" ones. i just think its stupid to have your punk points based on how much of a cop basher you are and how fast you can spraypaint an anarchist sign on a wall before the F'n pigs chase you.

(ps thats not a reference to anyone at all just an observation, i dont know anyone here who does that)

byrneos said:
yeah ill second that the way they go round looking like ouget sound where do they get off!
I just do not know, but I'll agree that they are, without exception, a pile of spas.!ironyyy

Sprinkles said:
that's an incredibly general statement.
What? "Yeah, me too, and probably anyone else, that's why they're dickheads...or more precisely why becoming a cop invariably = becoming a dickhead." ?

Or put it another way,

'Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.' - Lord Acton

http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.php?story_id=66410 - The Role of the Gardai

that's a great link young shortt has posted.

Thinking about this today, how many times have the police stopped you from being physically attacked - in my experience all they ever do is show up after the fact and take some details.
If I compare this to how many times I've been just having good fun with my friends skating or drinking some beers (or having lunch in MY OWN FLAT!!) without interfering with anyone else and had cops act completely unreasonable and threaten or insult me it's mind boggling.

There's a type of person who seeks a job (and the power that comes with it) as a cop and it's not you or me.

So I guess i'm opposed on both an ideological and personal level to the steam, anyone want to share a story about a time the police have actually helped you out? I'm interested to know and i promise I wont call you a pig-lover. (to your pig-loving face)

well they gave derenzy and shelly a lift to the hospital on halloween night after the fight in our humble abode.that is of course after they showed up when we wer all standing outside,tob with blood all over his face, and circled the block 3 times before stopping to ask what went on. probably wanted to make sure that it was safe before they got involved.

Corm said:
Yeah, SS officers were human too...so are rapists...so's the dude who pushed the button to drop the bomb...

The role of the police does not equal such atrocities in their everyday existence, but it's more than merely the actions of individual cops, it's what they stand for... !cheezy ...they're the ones on the side of the rich and powerful and, nice dudes or not, they'll still kick you in the face and break your bones with batons if you get in their way. Maybe getting in their way is acting drunk and stupid, or maybe it's protesting for a just cause, or maybe it's breaking animals out of experiment laboritories, or maybe it's talking back to them when they insult you.
!cheezy

Radical dude!!!

brianMy Remorse said:
i just think its stupid to have your punk points based on how much of a cop basher you are and how fast you can spraypaint an anarchist sign on a wall before the F'n pigs chase you.

yes, that WOULD be stupid. lucky it's only a bizarre made up example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back