Comprehensive List of Bands That I've Seen but Wish I Hadn't (1 Viewer)

I've been to plenty of mildly disappointing gigs but Mum in Vicar St was absolutely dreadful. I loved the first album, and have hated everything since. Yer wan's childish voice just drove me wrong. Animal Collective supported and were shit also.
Went with a mate to a band called The Concretes in TBMC ages ago. God they were awful.
On the comedy front I saw Des Bishop and Tommy Tiernan on various bills at the Cat Laughs over the years and I have always been amazed at how anybody could find them funny.

Was that the infamous occasion where the security had a separate queue for under 18s ?

What they did was pretty ingenious, They had a sign up saying under 18's this way, promising that they'd be lead to a "priority section". Then they lead everyone who voluntarily followed into a corral and 5 minutes before the gig started they simply announced that their tickets were invalid without I.D and sent them home. A mate of mine was at that, he was 17, he pissed and moaned for about a month afterwards.

Never heard that, utter cuntish behaviour. Speaking of which, how long till their legal dept. gets onto Pete, with a cease & desist or we'll sue notice:p

I've been to plenty of mildly disappointing gigs but Mum in Vicar St was absolutely dreadful. I loved the first album, and have hated everything since. Yer wan's childish voice just drove me wrong. Animal Collective supported and were shit also.
Went with a mate to a band called The Concretes in TBMC ages ago. God they were awful.

I was at both those shows. Mum were alright but I absolutely hated Animal Collective. And still do. I'd never heard of them before and could claim much hipster cred (and may do in the future if I'm ever drunk at a party and trying to get into some naive hot female hipster) but shite is shite.

The Concretes were good until your wan who sang on that Peter Bjorn and John song left them. First album is super. There is one or two songs on the next one that are good (Actually "Grey Days" is an absolutely awesome tune).

I've never heard Animal Collective.

They get some amount of abuse around here..

I'm watching a live video of them right now.

They seem pretty good!

Might as well be a cd playing but sure thats how all these lectronic acts roll

Edit ..Hang about..theres a lad with a guitar

Edit edit..these guys are great!

Whats not to like?These guys are sensational.

Don't know if I'd listen to an album,but live they're class.Going by this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bob Dylan at the Point. I had seen him in Kilkenny a few years before and he was sensational. The second time pretty much killed my interest in him until he released that Christmas album.

Raging Speedhorn, Æthenor & Skitiv were the worst bands I'd ever willingly subjected myself to. No doubt I've seen my share of shocking bands as support or at festivals but I've blocked them out at this point.

Ill Nino
Drowning Pool.

Basically Ozfest until Slayer came on.

Actually that's a lie, System Of A Down were entertaining.

Fucking hell I forgot Relish.

I saw them about 10 times in one year, they supported fucking everyone and where on every festiva line up, until they packed it in and turned this

Into this

Thusly lowering the bar for the concept of selling out.

Ah Relish. I think we played a gig with them once. I don't want to click on that Zephyr song, it was quite catchy. Did it get re-worked for the Westlife tune?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back