Comprehensive List of Bands That I've Seen but Wish I Hadn't (2 Viewers)

I thought that was self indulgent muck. If I remember correctly didn't they tell us all we smelt bad and were a shit audience ?

well... I was about 18 and hammered so i'm not to be trusted.

For what it's worth I too am in grave doubt over whether or not that At the Drive-In gig was actually any good.

Russel Brand in the Olympia

Thought he was funy on the radio.Went to se him and realised he's not very funny at all.

Brian Jonestown Massacre in the Ambassador about 7 years ago. The gaps between songs were longer than the songs with all the pricking around Anton Newcombe was doing.

Also, Vampire Weekend in the Ambassador that time. Very bland. Not terrible but a big disappointment.

James Burton. Amazing guitar player but the gig was just a bunch of old geezers doing cabaret.

Shellac and Fugazi-both gigs put me right off them, can't listen to them now

[obvious] Metallica. point. 99/2000? Monster magnet supported. bloody awful, even allowing for fact that was during their "rock" phase, they were dreadful.[/obvious]

[obvious] Metallica. point. 99/2000? Monster magnet supported. bloody awful, even allowing for fact that was during their "rock" phase, they were dreadful.[/obvious]
Was that the infamous occasion where the security had a separate queue for under 18s ?

What they did was pretty ingenious, They had a sign up saying under 18's this way, promising that they'd be lead to a "priority section". Then they lead everyone who voluntarily followed into a corral and 5 minutes before the gig started they simply announced that their tickets were invalid without I.D and sent them home. A mate of mine was at that, he was 17, he pissed and moaned for about a month afterwards.

Joy Zipper

American Whip will be raved about in 20 years time as a lost classic but the couple responsible for it are clearly spending too much time having sex with each other (and I don't blame them) than worrying about actually being able to play a decent live show. Saw them twice. Both times actually insultingly bad.

Voivod,that time they played with Neurosis. I don't think it's regarded as being a great time for them anyway,and I've seen recent footage where they looked good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back