Comprehensive List of Bands That I've Seen but Wish I Hadn't (2 Viewers)

Ah Relish. I think we played a gig with them once. I don't want to click on that Zephyr song, it was quite catchy. Did it get re-worked for the Westlife tune?
christ, I own their album.

what was I at there? I saw them about 10 times as support acts. Thought they were decent enough initially. Then the HATE set in.

Oh dear, i was at many of these shows of which you speak. Still, you have to learn from these experiences.

The last time I saw nomeansno in the button factory about 4 or 5 years ago killed off my interest in them for a good while. Lots of really long shit boring songs that went on for about 20 minutes. And the sound was pretty awful too.

I saw u2 at Slane about 10 years ago and thought they were amazing. Then saw them about 5 years later in Croke Park and they were fucking appalling. 10 minute long speeches in between every song.

A mate took me to see Tom McRae just before Christmas last year and he was beyond shit. Great support act though and I did get to sneak into Anthrax for a bit upstairs so that kind of made up for listening to what was basically a boring arsehole whining to a room full of 200 people that had paid to see him that not enough people liked him. My mate got me to take his picture with him after and I was wearing an Anthrax tshirt from the gig upstairs so Tom looks really pissed off in the photo

The Verve. In fairness I deserve to have a shit time for heading to that

Manic Street Preachers when they supported the Verve.

Jonathan Richman in Whelans about 5 years ago. He sang lots of songs about getting older and people dying. It really bummed me out.

The last time I saw nomeansno in the button factory about 4 or 5 years ago killed off my interest in them for a good while. Lots of really long shit boring songs that went on for about 20 minutes. And the sound was pretty awful too.

I saw u2 at Slane about 10 years ago and thought they were amazing. Then saw them about 5 years later in Croke Park and they were fucking appalling. 10 minute long speeches in between every song.

A mate took me to see Tom McRae just before Christmas last year and he was beyond shit. Great support act though and I did get to sneak into Anthrax for a bit upstairs so that kind of made up for listening to what was basically a boring arsehole whining to a room full of 200 people that had paid to see him that not enough people liked him. My mate got me to take his picture with him after and I was wearing an Anthrax tshirt from the gig upstairs so Tom looks really pissed off in the photo

The Verve. In fairness I deserve to have a shit time for heading to that

Manic Street Preachers when they supported the Verve.

Jonathan Richman in Whelans about 5 years ago. He sang lots of songs about getting older and people dying. It really bummed me out.

U2 Popmart was amazing. Free ticket was doubly amazing. I enjoyed the Verve and the Manics at Slane.

I liked JD Bradfields mid-set patter "you're all so fucking young!!"

U2 Popmart was amazing. Free ticket was doubly amazing. I enjoyed the Verve and the Manics at Slane.

I liked JD Bradfields mid-set patter "you're all so fucking young!!"

Manics were good but even Robbie Williams was better than the Verve. (Quite a value for money line-up back then, wasn't it? James and The Seahorses played as well. (That'd be a good name for a band...."James and the Seahorses". Like a nod to Jamie and the Magic Torch))

Is Pop the U2 album that they/their fans don't like but people who like the sort of music talked about on thumped do?

Yup, That and Zooropa have a genuinely good albums worth of songs between them.
the one in the point depot? I was at that. It was pretty terrible.

All the songs of Urban Hymns were total shit live, I liked the stuff of the first two at The Point, by the time they played at Slane the guitarist had left and that gig was a bit flat, but it was still okay.

engine alley, possibly the worst band i've ever seen

toasted heretic, not much better

daisy chainsaw, appalling live

u2 - 2 hours of bono sermonising, 3 nights in a row (i was working at the shows) is more than any man should have to bear, took years off me

I got a free ticket to Panda Bear in Vicar Street, and from reading the reviews I was expecting the next Brian Wilson......however, it was, in Jill Hives' words: "Panda Bore". I hate his contribution to Random Access Memories too. They should've just sampled an old Beach Boys tune (With Me Tonight, perhaps) and made something from that.

cornershop when they first came to cork were beyond appalling, it was like they'd just been introduced to (a) each other (b) their instruments (c) music

the disappointment was only profound

i kind of regret going to see james brown around '06. that was disillusioning.

these were rubbish live, but i can't say i wish i hadn't gone... (they were educational):

animal collective
desmond dekker
yo la tengo (lambchop supporting was a bad start)
beth orton
bernard purdie
gomez

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back