Come to the ZU!!! - Final tour details. (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud said:
They are playing in Limerick tonight.
This is the band that played with Joan of arse about 3 years ago?Sax and drums with a Ruins connection?

I`m goin anyway - nothing else happening around town.
yeah. that could be them alright. they played in the globe.. with guapo. didn't remember joan of arse playing for some reason. actually.. no, wait, I can, er.. but I'm not positive if it was the same gig like. anyone maybe? :confused:

plug said:
yeah. that could be them alright. they played in the globe.. with guapo. didn't remember joan of arse playing for some reason. actually.. no, wait, I can, er.. but I'm not positive if it was the same gig like. anyone maybe? :confused:
Joan of Arse played the saw i remember - i remember them selling 7"s at the door on the way out.
I remember Zu only being a 2 piece then - Sax and drums, but looking at the pictures i`ve seen of them (www.theamc.net) it looks like they`ve expanded or something.

Rimbaud said:
Joan of Arse played the saw i remember - i remember them selling 7"s at the door on the way out.
I remember Zu only being a 2 piece then - Sax and drums, but looking at the pictures i`ve seen of them (www.theamc.net) it looks like they`ve expanded or something.

yeah, but there was a bass player there too! in any case the draw for me is the drummer. fucking awesome. I'm all giddy about this gig!!!

hag said:
it was just over 40 people paid in last night. if it gets to 60, we on easy street and the price can stay rediculously low.

thanks again, what a night! :)

x
Surely more than 40? Anyway, cool night. Are there only 2 Boxes as a temporary measure or wha?

Bass guitars are the new 'axe'

there was around 50/55 people there in all, it kinda looks full-ish even though it's not. 42 payers.

the show tomorrow in the cultural institute is with gavin prior (guitar) and paul roe (bass clarinet) and a friend of theirs who sings through pedals. it's going to be pretty intimate and amazing. capacity = 70. free admission. silly to miss it.

they played a total stormhammer in limerick last night.

hag said:
there was around 50/55 people there in all, it kinda looks full-ish even though it's not. 42 payers.

the show tomorrow in the cultural institute is with gavin prior (guitar) and paul roe (bass clarinet) and a friend of theirs who sings through pedals. it's going to be pretty intimate and amazing. capacity = 70. free admission. silly to miss it.

they played a total stormhammer in limerick last night.

you may have shot yourself in the foot by having a free show in dublin 3 or 4 days after a paying show, just a thought. I can imagine some folk saying "we'll hang on 'til sunday and se 'em for free"

Jim A. Morrish said:
you may have shot yourself in the foot by having a free show in dublin 3 or 4 days after a paying show, just a thought. I can imagine some folk saying "we'll hang on 'til sunday and se 'em for free"
the only person who shot themselves in the foot was the person who orchestrated the taking down of the posters for the show in cork!

the show yesterday was pretty great, completely improvised and completely awesome. zu were really chuffed with how well the mix of musicians went etc. and the wine reception afterwards was to die for.

hag said:
the only person who shot themselves in the foot was the person who orchestrated the taking down of the posters for the show in cork!

the show yesterday was pretty great, completely improvised and completely awesome. zu were really chuffed with how well the mix of musicians went etc. and the wine reception afterwards was to die for.
yeah, that was real good.
nice place and the free wine was a nice added bonus.
how did the recording come out?
who else does that girl doing the vocals play with?

hag said:

what's posters for cork gig got to do with 42 paying in for dublin show?? :confused:

I'm guessing there were more at the free show than were at the paying show which was my point to begin with

and you'd be wrong on both counts. i didn't say the dublin and cork shows were related, i merely said that the only person that shot themselves in the foot was...................
there was less people at the free show, a totally different crowd for the most part.
'seems there's some kind of maffia in cork............... lots of independent promoters having trouble with their posters being taken down. it's tough down there, has emmet ever had any trouble with this? it fucking sucks.

incidentally, the cork show was great, full house. amazing gig. zu win hearts where ever they play.

how did the recording come out?

Haven't listened to it yet but I fucked by putting the mics too close to where Luca (baritone sax) was standing so stretches of it will be swamped by sax.

who else does that girl doing the vocals play with?

Her name is Rebecca Collins and she'll be doing her solo stuff on the Friday night of Ladyfest. She was great.

hag said:
'seems there's some kind of maffia in cork............... lots of independent promoters having trouble with their posters being taken down. it's tough down there, has emmet ever had any trouble with this? it fucking sucks.

first i've heard of a 'mafia', most be some urban myth

a buddy of mine (JC) does the poster distribution for fredz/vault/opera house/everyman/etc so if there was one he'd know about it!

hag said:
incidentally, the cork show was great, full house. amazing gig. zu win hearts where ever they play.

someone said on another (freak fm) messageboard that there was no-one there! Maybe they left before the crowd arrived??!!??

Jim A. Morrish said:
first i've heard of a 'mafia', most be some urban myth

a buddy of mine (JC) does the poster distribution for fredz/vault/opera house/everyman/etc so if there was one he'd know about it!
what's your take on it then? the posters were systematically removed each time they were put back up. a couple of friends of mine put them up and the person who removed them was caught in the act... well, my friend knows who he is... and my friend was told in a few places that there's some guy who goes around taking down posters and putting up his own ones in their place... really pathetic behaviour if you ask me.

Jim A. Morrish said:
someone said on another (freak fm) messageboard that there was no-one there! Maybe they left before the crowd arrived??!!??
that's funny because i was there! :) there were people standing on the window sills!

hag said:
what's your take on it then? the posters were systematically removed each time they were put back up. a couple of friends of mine put them up and the person who removed them was caught in the act... well, my friend knows who he is... and my friend was told in a few places that there's some guy who goes around taking down posters and putting up his own ones in their place... really pathetic behaviour if you ask me.

i have no 'take' on it, i print posters all the time but happily haven't had to put them up for many years (getting too old for all that). All this 'friend of a friend saw x do y' is very vague though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back