Come to the ZU!!! - Final tour details. (2 Viewers)

i've put everyone on thumped on the 6.50 concession list.

please come to these gigs. i promise i will keep bringing amazing bands here if you do!

xxx

i couldn't really tell if they were any good or not... ;) and i'm having second thoughts about this whole going to limerick and cork with them... it mightn't be any fun ;)

thanks to everyone who came to this...

but...

i lost money. if i'm to be able to continue putting on shows like that for around the 6.50 mark... if half of you that were there last night brought a friend to the next one, all costs will be covered. it's as simple as that. it was an amazing show but i just can't do it if i continue to lose money again. last night was 4 bands for 6.50... that's pretty hard to beat. so next time, it would be cool if you could try and convince one more person to come with you... it was just over 40 people paid in last night. if it gets to 60, we on easy street and the price can stay rediculously low.

thanks again, what a night! :)

x

hag said:
rediculously low

in fairness, 6.50 is ridiculously low, it's just over 5 quid in old money, punts or whatever it were called.

at the risk of sounding like a twat, i'm sure people wouldn't mind paying 8 or 10 euro in to see a band as good as Zu, plus three local supports. i know i'd have no problem with it, if it means they get paid, promoter doens't lose money and the band comes back...

i think last night you were up against motorhead in ambassador and the chalets in the village - not a disastrous turn-out, all things considered.

in any case, very well done, brilliant gig.

someone is cork has taken down all the zu posters. and the person was spotted and there's been a connection made with someone else. that person is going to be sorry, i consider these guys my blood brothers. and, it's a really shitty thing to do, unbelieveably shitty... pretty depressing carry-on.

hag said:
someone is cork has taken down all the zu posters. and the person was spotted and there's been a connection made with someone else. that person is going to be sorry, i consider these guys my blood brothers. and, it's a really shitty thing to do, unbelieveably shitty... pretty depressing carry-on.
ugh, that sucks. Lameos. I would have been there last night only im dying with self-loathing and a sever case of flatulance. Next time, next time.

Buckrake said:
in fairness, 6.50 is ridiculously low, it's just over 5 quid in old money, punts or whatever it were called.

at the risk of sounding like a twat, i'm sure people wouldn't mind paying 8 or 10 euro in to see a band as good as Zu, plus three local supports. i know i'd have no problem with it, if it means they get paid, promoter doens't lose money and the band comes back...

i think last night you were up against motorhead in ambassador and the chalets in the village - not a disastrous turn-out, all things considered.

yeah, i know that. i was happy with the turnout and expected to lose a bit but it would kinda rock if i could keep the price low... i never want to have to charge over 10 blips... i should be able to keep it around 7 or 8 and keep everyone happy, including my mammy... "oh you're not spending money on the band again, are you? i wouldn't mind only no one even likes your music... you'd swear you didn't have a brain sometimes..." ;)

Buckrake said:

I'd agree. It's a brilliant idea to keep costs low for the punters, but promoters shouldn't be losing money either (and I'm speaking as someone who's helped promote quite a few money-losing events...) The difference between 6.50 and 8 euro for a gig like last night's, with four bands on the bill, is pretty minimal for the punters, but might make all the difference for the promoter.

Buckrake said:
And Femi Kuti in the Red Box--I know at least one person who opted for that over the Voodoo Lounge gig.

Buckrake said:
'Twas great fun, all right, although I'll go against public opinion and say that I thought that the new, streamlined Boxes were the best on the night. They're definitely getting a real angular, funky PIL/Gang of Four/Minutemen buzz going there...

Paul

photon said:
'Twas great fun, all right, although I'll go against public opinion and say that I thought that the new, streamlined Boxes were the best on the night. They're definitely getting a real angular, funky PIL/Gang of Four/Minutemen buzz going there...

No arguments here! :D

yeah, 2-piece boxes gets my thumbs up, big style :)

gav is a mean bass player, you wanna lend him out some time?

hag said:

Not this shit again, how come this conversation keeps popping up in relation to postering in Cork

error type 11 said:
Not this shit again, how come this conversation keeps popping up in relation to postering in Cork
I take it that this has happened here before then.. very uncool behaviour. entirely cuntish in fact. one of those fist/head interface moments.. malicious fucks. :mad:

This was the best gig, I'm sorry I only caught the last few minutes
of the Boxes set, we got distracted by the best swings on the way down to the voodoo lounge.

Was blown away by everyone last night, plus I knew nothing about ZU
so wasn't expecting anything which makes it even more pleasing, I wouldn't have
objected to paying 8 euro but I think 6.50 is always a good way to attract
new people to gigs cause it somehow it's seems like a bigger difference than just
a bus fare home, I'll definitely bring more people next time.

error type 11 said:

thats super lame. in any event, i thought the gig was very very seriously good - i was incredibly impressed and my friend who's not really into instrumental music laughed his way through the gig - he couldnt believe it. cheers hag!
in regards to the mula, i would have been more than happy to pay twice that last night, ive paid a lot more for a lot shitter gigs. anyone who doesnt go see them on sunday (if that gig's still goin ahead hag?) is a sucker, plain and simple.

hag said:
gav is a mean bass player, you wanna lend him out some time?

hands off bitch, he's mine! :mad:

that gig on sunday - you charging in? :confused: ;)

i'm going to wear my new zu t-shirt - would that be cool? :confused:

will there be ferrero rochers in pyramids on plates? :confused:

They are playing in Limerick tonight.
This is the band that played with Joan of arse about 3 years ago?Sax and drums with a Ruins connection?

I`m goin anyway - nothing else happening around town.

i pretty much always charge £5 for touring bands. what's that in funnymoneys? i lost £160 on Vaz, but made it back, even after expenses, at Oxes two days later, then lost about £30 on the haints and can kickers (which was a fucking bargain, that was an incredible night too) two days after oxes. swings and roundabouts like.

pete did zu and charged £4 in, lost £40. if he'd asked for a fiver he'd have broke even. plus, no fucking around with one pound change. wasn't 6.50 a bit awkward for change?

Yep - seriously good show and refreshingly funny also. I'd pay...phew...phhwaahhhh...urrrrrrrrrnnnnn.....maybe 13.50 to see them again.
Voodoo makes me very depressed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back