Colman's Mustard (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
I was reading an excerpt from Nigel Slater's new book in yesterday's Observor. Fantasic. Anyway, he talks a bit about Colman's mustard. He doesn't seem to like it too much. Personally I love it. Really love it. Where does everyone else stand?

I'd love to love to love it but I can't. It's so strong, what the heck am I supposed to do with it?

colemans mustard is one thing you certainly can't take from the english. plain 'ol ham sambo with a wee bit of cheese and a good scraping of colemans. lovely.

my favourite way to enjoy is is with bacon, cabbage, soapy spubs and a cold glass of milk. heavan.

It has its place. As a cider and honey glaze for a baked ham.
I've got about a dozen different mustards in the fridge at the moment.
French's is the only one that does it on a burger, though.
I love mustard.

this stuff is fucking amazing too.

lakeshore_guiness_mustard_l.gif

I used to love it on corned beef sandwiches - wholemeal bread, butter, corned beef and a scraping of colemans mustard. Nyum!

Lakeshore wouldn't be my favourite wholegrain. I love the Dalkey stuff. Gorgous!

I love coleman's mustard. Wholegrain stuff has it's place in my heart to but it's just not the same kinda love.

I used to love it on corned beef sandwiches - wholemeal bread, butter, corned beef and a scraping of colemans mustard. Nyum!

Lakeshore wouldn't be my favourite wholegrain. I love the Dalkey stuff. Gorgous!

used to?...what happened with the love?:D

come here to me, would mustard be any use for spicing up soup? if not what else might it throw in to give it a bit of a kick?

What type of soup?

Ginger and chili can be good with brothy type soups, and also sweetish soups.

Curry spices are also good in soup (e.g. mulgatawny).

mainly tomato i think. there'll be garlic, ginger, onions, red peppers, maybe some mushrooms and quinoa and carrot, a drop of wine maybe, whatever herby stuff is knockin about.

chillis sound like a plan. i may loose interest again before i get the shops but if not i might just get some random bits to throw in

thanks guys! mmmwah!

mainly tomato i think. there'll be garlic, ginger, onions, red peppers, maybe some mushrooms and quinoa and carrot, a drop of wine maybe, whatever herby stuff is knockin about.

chillis sound like a plan. i may loose interest again before i get the shops but if not i might just get some random bits to throw in

thanks guys! mmmwah!

If you haven't made the soup yet, really yummy and really simple soup.

Soften chopped onion, garlic and chilli in a bit of olive oil, add tinned tomatoes, lots of dried or fresh herbs (about 6 tsp of whatever ones you like) and simmer. About 10 minutes before serving add a cup of rizo or other tiny pasta shape and a cup of water. Serve when the pasta has softened.

Yum, yum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back