Cisse's gone and broken his leg again. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ci
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
rafa confirmed today that it makes a big change to his summer transfer dealings.

bollox.

jose, sour grapes and taggart must be delighted.

Rafael Benitez has spoken of his concern for Djibril Cisse after the striker broke his leg playing for France on Wednesday night but admitted the horror injury has affected his summer spending. "There are two issues here," revealed Benitez in tonight's Liverpool Echo. "Firstly, from the players point of view I'm really sorry for Djibril. That's important. It's really unfortunate for him but it's true it's now impossible for him to be sold.

"We were expecting to sell him to Marseille or Lyon and planned using the money for other players. We were talking to both clubs. Now we won't have this money. We won't expect him to play again until November or December."

Despite the fact that Cisse will now report back to Liverpool rather than moving back to France, Benitez insists there will be no problem for manager and player working together next season.

"It was a professional decision and we were honest with Djibril," claimed the Liverpool boss. "There will be no problem when he comes back."

poor cunt. as much as i wanted to see him sold its just so fucking horrid. i´ve nearly puked everytime i see that picture or see it happening.

ribery looks class. buy him rafa.

saw ribery play in turners cross for france under 21s i think. good player alright. although le tallec played the same night and looked brilliant.

who was it in the Shevchenko thread who mentioned the G14 and and the Charleroi case as an example that Liverpool were no better than Chelsea or Manure, or worse. Well i think it is interesting to compare Ferguson's reaction to the Rooney debacle and Rafa's (at least public) reaction to Cisse been ruined on international duty. I know the obvious difference between the fact that Rooney is integral to United's team whereas Cisse is old rope we want shifting, but they are both jeopardised by international appearances. Ferguson is a total and utter fuckin weasel, whereas Rafa accepts that these things happen.

bbc paper gossip carries a story that liverpool will sign craig bellamy cos of cisses injury.

is he enough though?

surely the pool need the arrival of say villa? or kuyt? or someone of that ilk?

trev said:
bbc paper gossip carries a story that liverpool will sign craig bellamy cos of cisses injury.

is he enough though?

surely the pool need the arrival of say villa? or kuyt? or someone of that ilk?

given the lack of funds I think bellamy for 6 million would be good business and bellamy playing off crouch would probably be a decent partnership. and though I don't like crouch we're stuck with him.

i wish rafa would leave that spanish right back out of it - alves? what's wrong with finnan? and if finnan's injured carra can slot in easy seeing as we'll have paletta and agger fighting for a centre back slot with hyypia.

i'd like to see pennant come in as well and couldn't give a toss about gonzales getting his permit or not, preening little prick, we have plenty of options on the left now zenden is fit again. if we could bring in 3 players for me it would have to be a right winger (pennant), a goal poacher (defoe?) and a creative forward (ballamy).

alves is more of a tricky winger than a right back. he's brazillian like, they don't do right backs. plus steve finnan is 31 for next season. sure, he looks young, but he can't keep going forever. bellamy is a backward step for me. there's precious few players available in the premiership that will lift liverpool up another level. we've done pretty well this season, but we need witdh, cover for centre back and some goal scorers.

crouch is a plank. bellamy is too much of a cunt. what's the point buyin ghim for a season before he gets the hump and fucks off. anyway, he doesn't score enough goals. we don't need another misfiring striker. we need goals. gimme someone who scored 20 soemthing league goals last season.

pennant is decent for that money, and he seems to have copped on since his tagging. however, rafa ain't going to buy and trouble makers for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back