Circuit Bending (1 Viewer)

ALLWAYS USE STUFF THAT RUNS ON BATTERIES. thats all no mains gear unless your a pro.

connect resistors/on off switches to the points on the c.board that do mad stuff and see what happens. you can also make patch bays to connect points to other points. its all there on the net and keeping it simple is easy and sounds amazing without having to reboot the unit the whole time. :)

just dive in !x

I think I'll leave it...

Im happy enough not knowing what the "little men" get up to inside things

But if anyone wants to prick around with my old Rocktech Overdrive, your more than welcome (as long as you get some mad Thurston Moore typa shit out of it)

Ian, it's so easy peasy lemon squeezy even I can do it (and I'm technically inept). And it's fun and makes you feel like you're a mad scientist techno boffin.

So far ive messed with a little casio keyboard and i gutted a talking teddy now i can make him groan and click and growl not just ask to be my friend havent tried soldering or making switches but i plan to. Any recomendations of charity shops with old kids toys ive tried the ones on capel st but they have fuck all.
Just use the guide that was posted its easy and lots of fun.

I was just about to open up my mac and start putting a wire betweenn one place and another, when I read, "ALLWAYS USE STUFF THAT RUNS ON BATTERIES. thats all no mains gear unless your a pro."

Sometimes if you wet your finger and touch bits of the other side of the circuit board (the opposite side to where the components stick out), you can get some cool noises.

I did this with my 606 once when I took it apart out of boredom. Didn't want to start fucking around with the circuitry understandably, but I was able to change the pitch of the toms and make swishy noises with the cymbals. Fun for about five minutes.

does anyone have a vero (bread board) layout for the atari punk console with a 556 chip? i've tried and failed with a dual 555 version. can't seem to find one on the net. chutneyfarmer, i've seen yer name on the electro-music forum. any ideas?

I don't trust myself enough to try and breadboard up the circuit from the circuit diagram...

does anyone have a vero (bread board) layout for the atari punk console with a 556 chip? i've tried and failed with a dual 555 version. can't seem to find one on the net. chutneyfarmer, i've seen yer name on the electro-music forum. any ideas?

I don't trust myself enough to try and breadboard up the circuit from the circuit diagram...

found one if is anyones interested...
1600695920_16b5095ee5.jpg

A friend of my sister's is coming over from san fran for a month or so, and he's thinking about doing a circuit bending workshop. Reckon folks would be interested?

He's been doing it for years. Made that moded speak n' spell i was telling you about. Might be able to help you out too.

A friend of my sister's is coming over from san fran for a month or so, and he's thinking about doing a circuit bending workshop. Reckon folks would be interested?

He's been doing it for years. Made that moded speak n' spell i was telling you about. Might be able to help you out too.

i'd be up for that shit

sounds deadly. i just got one of those from ebay and all...

i'd definitely go, got a couple of old keyboards i wanna start messing around with but not sure on how to start

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back